Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I think this guy fully embodies the typical pawn shop owner:

3eveneru.jpg

A fine upstanding pillar of his community I'm sure.
    Gun Zone Deals

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I'm convinced a lot of pawn shops are nothing more than money laundering operations.

The stock is just there as a front.

The money is made on loans, that's for sure:

The core of a pawn store’s business is making collateral loans. Pawn stores offer loans, secured by something of value. The pawn store may have other business elements such as retail sales. However, pawnbrokers focus on lending money.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    In corpus, a pawn shop was selling a rough mosin for 400. I asked why the price was so hi and the owner told me he is a private buisness and can charge whatever he $#@!ing felt like.
    Buddy told him to shove the barrel of said mosin up his ass and we walked out.

Which shop was that?

Odiferous

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Evans, Georgia
    There's a new-ish pawn shop on Culebra outside of Loop 1604 (San Antonio) - opened up a year or so ago.

They had a used, beat-up Springfield XD (9mm or .40...can't remember) for $600. I asked the guy if he was serious, and he said that if I wanted to buy a gun elsewhere, to go and do so.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Anyone see the episode where Les took the family and his security to get gun training? When they were drawing from holsters, half of the security team's Glocks were dropped on the floor......

The gun store owner threw Les and crew out of his shop at the end of the episode..

I think this guy fully embodies the typical pawn shop owner:

3eveneru.jpg

A fine upstanding pillar of his community I'm sure.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Anyone see the episode where Les took the family and his security to get gun training? When they were drawing from holsters, half of the security team's Glocks were dropped on the floor......

The gun store owner threw Les and crew out of his shop at the end of the episode..

Must have missed that one. Will keep my eyes peeled for it though. Not that I watch the show much though.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    After Les got the guy to them a break on the guns, then the ammo and then, their training.....Les isn't satisfied and wants him to give them a break on the holsters too...

Fast_rope71

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2014
    I have given up on pawn shops completely. One in Taylor has ( I shit you not) a beat to Hell and back Red Ryder BB gun for $99.00. I asked the guy if that was a gag. He's a heck of a good comedian because he replied with a straight face, "Nope, that's the going rate". Talk about deadpan delivery!

Dhayes

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Idaho Falls,Idaho
    I have given up on pawn shops completely. One in Taylor has ( I shit you not) a beat to Hell and back Red Ryder BB gun for $99.00. I asked the guy if that was a gag. He's a heck of a good comedian because he replied with a straight face, "Nope, that's the going rate". Talk about deadpan delivery!
    Hubby got us a NEW one for half that price at Bass Pro Shops

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park

Which shop? I'm going to go up there for a good laugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eddie Dean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2014
    Amarillo
    If any of ya'll are ever in the Portland, OR area at some point in the future, I highly recommend visiting The Gun Room for shits and giggles. Just click on the first result's reviews. They're all true! I went in there once to troll them in real life. I was wearing an Obama t-shirt and a Glock hat. I burned the shirt shortly after.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone

You might be surprised what some BB guns will go for- even Red Ryders.

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    I have found some nice deals on guns in pawn shops, just not in the last 15 years. I found a S&W M-58 for $165. 90-95% condition. .41 mag is a niche caliber. It just happens to be MY niche. Grendel P-12 and S&W 22a BOTH for $150. I still have all three.

Lately the pawn shops seem to be smoking the same crack as their clientel.

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In corpus, a pawn shop was selling a rough mosin for 400. I asked why the price was so hi and the owner told me he is a private buisness and can charge whatever he fucking felt like.
    Buddy told him to shove the barrel of said mosin up his ass and we walked out.

Should have told him to shove the Mosin-Nagant bayonet up his ass instead......

...just sayin'

Savage805

blueberry in tomato soup
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    paradise, ATX
    Since the Walking Dead craze has died down your starting to see a lot of survival gear show up on the shelves. I went to one recently and they had several nice SOG knives and machetes a few decent multi-tools also. Might be time to pick up a nice crossbow soon.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    The best deal I ever got at a Pawn shop was about 10yrs ago.
    Walked into a pawn shop in Galveston. On the rack was a SxS shotgun in what appeared to be .410.
    Asked to see it. Turned out to be a stone mint Savage 311 in .410. It was in outstanding condition. Asked the price. Lady said $200.
    I think I cracked my wrist bones reaching for my wallet so fast!

Nowadays the situation is different. '91Mosin? Oh, thats rare. Only $500.

Top Bottom