• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    I tell ya, I've had better experiences haggling with my local pawn than trying to deal with the old coots at gun shows lately. Half of them aren't aware that people have instant access to the internet and even if you showed them they wouldn't give a shit. I swear some of them just go to show off what they have and/or get away from the battle axe at home.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Just make sure you have a BOS. Gotta protect yourself. And if you do go the BOS route, make sure you are wearing a mask when you drive alone and wear a condom when yanking off. To protect yourself.
    You hate bills of sale so much I guess it is possible that you never have bought a non-C&R gun gun at a local gun shop, a pawn shop, from an online dealer, from a dealer at a gun show or anything like those since (unless a C&R firearm) you would be required to fill out one of these:

1726347110101.png

It requires you to put down a lot more info than does any bill of sale. It is pretty much the same as using a credit card to purchase a firearm from a commercial establishment. I also imagine you have never bought a C&R eligible firearm from someone with a C&R FFL since they are required to get your identifying data for their record book. With any of the types of firearms purchases just mentioned all your info is easily retrievable by the government much more easily than from a BOS that the government would likely have to acquire by way of a warrant.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    You hate bills of sale so much I guess it is possible that you never have bought a non-C&R gun gun at a local gun shop, a pawn shop, from an online dealer, from a dealer at a gun show or anything like those since (unless a C&R firearm) you would be required to fill out one of these:

View attachment 474252

It requires you to put down a lot more info than does any bill of sale. It is pretty much the same as using a credit card to purchase a firearm from a commercial establishment. I also imagine you have never bought a C&R eligible firearm from someone with a C&R FFL since they are required to get your identifying data for their record book. With any of the types of firearms purchases just mentioned all your info is easily retrievable by the government much more easily than from a BOS that the government would likely have to acquire by way of a warrant.
    So, do you wear a mask while driving alone?

mm54943

Not So Well Known...
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Fort Bend area
    I’ve never been interested in buying guns from pawnshops. Typically the rices are damn near retail, and people seldom seem to pawn their lower end pieces. I always see Hi Points, and entry level models from other brands.

I never “haggle”, if I saw something I wanted. I’d make a cash out the door offer and commit to buy if they could do it. If they can’t, no biggie.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX

View attachment 474252

Unless I'm dealing with a FFL dealer, I won't be filling out any paperwork in a transaction. No BOS, credit check or covid test either. I'm not in CA, IL or NY!

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    My M48A was and still is a mystery. The "A" models weren't suppose to be exported.
    The PS said it was a Mitchel Mauser and was price accordingly.
    To me it was obviously not a MM. The MM import stamp is very noticeable yet wasn't there.
    This one had no import stamp at all ?!
    Lots of Mitchel Mausers were said to be fakes.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I've had better experiences haggling with my local pawn than trying to deal with the old coots at gun shows
    Most of my best buys from businesses have been from gun shops that purchase entire estates. They know what they know and purchase based on that. Then the weird shit is just leftovers they want to move.

Well, the weird shit is where I live. I've picked up some wonderful things for low prices at gun stores that just don't want to deal with firearms they consider too odd to be worth the effort.

Top Bottom