• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Here's some good parts to have, just to get this started. Feel free to post up some good ones.

Ruger 1022, Ruger Accessories, Mag Bumper –Single

For avoiding having to fish out the mags every time if you use the 10 rounders.

"Guardian" Bolt Release Plate for 10/22

Bolt release plate for $5.99 ... it's a simple and cheap mod for not having to jack with the bolt catch between mags. Makes for easier one-handed mag changes.

TANDEMKROSS "Shock Block" Bolt Buffer for Ruger 10/22

Bolt buffer pins. Replacing the OEM steel pin not only reduces the abuse on the bolt and receiver, but GREATLY reduces the noise (metal on metal *CLACK*). Every 10/22 needs one. They last a while, but I usually keep 2 on hand. It takes 5 seconds to replace this.

10/22 Takedown Knob from TANDEMKROSS

Replacing the OEM flush screw with this, or another hex drive, model does a couple of things for you. The best is that it allows you to tune the tension with a torque wrench which has a major affect on accuracy with these guns. Secondly, it's way better than the crap OEM one they give you that always seems to want to strip the head. Have a look on Brownells too ... they have a few models out there. Mine is a steel hex drive with a slight extension for my thicker stock. Brownells links below for reference, they carry a ton of stuff.

http://www.brownells.com/parts/Ruger/10zz1zz22/index.htm
    http://www.brownells.com/items/ruger-10-22-accessories.aspx
    http://www.brownells.com/items/ruger-10-22-stocks.aspx
    http://www.brownells.com/items/ruger-10-22-barrels.aspx

I have some other items, but I'll leave some room for others here.
    Guns International

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Fix that damn trigger, and some other action parts - Volquartsen High Performance Action Parts Kit Plus Ruger 10/22

Or you can do it in small increments -

I used this hammer - Volquartsen Target Hammer Bushings Ruger 10/22

I used this Bolt release- Volquartsen Automatic Bolt Release Ruger 10/22

Sights (I didn't try them, but they look awesome) - Williams Ace the Hole Sight Set Picatinny Base Ruger 10/22 Aluminum

I used these Springs - Wolff Performance Spring Pack Ruger 10/22 10/22 Mag Reduced Power

i can't find any cheap buffers other than eBay. Mine cost about 2$ and it's orange cheap polyurethane. It makes the action very quiet.

Anyone have a reduced power charging handle kit for sub sonic shooting? I haven't had problems yet.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    If anyone has more than 1 or 2 to work on, I highly recommend tuffer buffers above all others. They are only 5 bucks a piece when you order 3 or more. Nice people that ship fast coming from Canada. Mention rimfire central to get their best price on em'.
    As far as a mag release, the nordic components wide release hugs the trigger guard nicely. I give it a slight edge over the tactical solutions one that runs the full length of the guard.

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    My $0.02...

Take five minutes with a file and do the bolt release modification yourself instead of buying one.

A trigger job is almost necessary for decent shooting. I recommend Brimstone Gunsmithing for the best "bang for your buck" but even some careful polishing will be better than nothing.

If you strip out one of the screw holes in the receiver while trying to install a scope rail (which is very easy to do) I'll recommend the Tactical Innovations scope rail with oversized screws. 10/22® PICATINNY SCOPE RAIL FOR RUGER® FACTORY RECEIVERS WITH

There are more 10/22 modifications available than you can shake a bag of sticks at, so good luck.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Fix that damn trigger, and some other action parts - Volquartsen High Performance Action Parts Kit Plus Ruger 10/22

Or you can do it in small increments -

I used this hammer - Volquartsen Target Hammer Bushings Ruger 10/22

I used this Bolt release- Volquartsen Automatic Bolt Release Ruger 10/22

Sights (I didn't try them, but they look awesome) - Williams Ace the Hole Sight Set Picatinny Base Ruger 10/22 Aluminum

I used these Springs - Wolff Performance Spring Pack Ruger 10/22 10/22 Mag Reduced Power

i can't find any cheap buffers other than eBay. Mine cost about 2$ and it's orange cheap polyurethane. It makes the action very quiet.

Anyone have a reduced power charging handle kit for sub sonic shooting? I haven't had problems yet.
    Saltyag, any advantage one way or the other between the drop in versus the loose parts?

I can swap the parts, no problem, just curious if the drop in assembly is a better all around setup.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom