giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    I have handled both quite a bit, but have only shot the 365 Macro Comp. Of the several versions of the 365 I think the 365 MacroTac ops feels the best in the hand. For some reason the flared maxwell feels great in my hand & you get 4, 17rd mags. If I were to get a new carry pistol today I'd get the 365 Macro Tac Ops.

When they 1st came out with 365 Macros I was really impressed with the 17rd capacity. I always say "why did it take 30yrs for a manufacturer to come out with 17rd in a small frame?". I remember back in the mid to late 1990s & into 2000s all the manufacturers were having MICRO 9, WONDER 9, POCKET 9 WARS. Why didn't someone think of the concept sooner.

Eta.... the 365XL with 15rd mag is same the hight & length as a 365 Macro with 17rd mag. The XL with 15rd feels weird in my hand because there is a indention between the grip & magwell.

365XL

Sig-P365-15-round-magazine-2-1024x856-625379498.jpg

365 MACRO

z8uldyhnazdd5w6fcuy6-2526478039.png

Last edited:

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    I think you just need to go with the Goldie locks & 3 bears theory.
    Too big...
    Too small....
    Just right!!!!

Line them up & put each one in your hand ... coon finger it for a few seconds. Then let your hand tell you which one feels the most comfortable. I've seen you shoot .... you suck either way so it don't matter how accurate it is :laughing:

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Which one should be chosen?
    Red Dot will not be utilized.
    For ccw and home defense use.

You know the deal, rent ‘em both and buy the one that works for you or whoever it is shooting it.

Out of the box, the Shield Plus is my preferred product from an ergo perspective. The standard 365/365SAS is great for carry, but too small for it to be comfortable for me to shoot.

But, the XL w/ a Wilson Combat grip module is an entirely different story for me. Some could be because I have close to ten thousand rounds thru the X9 and those ergos just work for me.

It could also be the WC module is just a hair longer and wider in just the right spots for me.

The Shield Plus is also a bit larger than the 365.

Last edited:

Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    Better suggestion, take that 629 you have for sale cut it back to 3" load it with 215 hollow base wad cutters and enjoy. Your welcome. :what: If that doesn't work rent and see what you shoot the best.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I have several 9mm Shield pistols as well as one in 45acp. The 9mm Plus PC has become my usual carry gun while the others see use beside the bed and at the ham radio bench. Does each gun get a vote in the poll? :laughing:

D0ntTr3@d0nM3

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2024
    Richmond, TX
    I have both and carried both. Out of the box, Shield Plus is easier to shoot, slightly bigger, a couple ounces heavier and has more aggressive grip texture. IMHO, the Shield Plus is right at the limit of too big for pocket carry. The manual safety, if you want one, is not ambidextrous and a bit unnatural to use. If you like weapon lights, the Shield Plus doesn't have any good options.

The regular P365 is smaller and can be pocket carried, but also more difficult to shoot due to a tiny grip. It can be configured with an ambidextrous thumb safety that's easier to manipulate than the Shield Plus'. If you like weapon lights, the P365 will accommodate the excellent Streamlight TLR-7Sub. It's FCU also gives you the option of reconfiguring to a Macro frame with 17-round capacity and 1913 accessory rail for about $70 (+$50 for magazine).

For CCW and home defense, stock out of the box, I'd pick the Shield Plus over P365. However, if not pocket carrying, I'd recommend also taking a hard look at the P365XL. It has all the benefits of the Shield Plus and P365 combined, if you don't plan on pocket carry.

Just wanted add, if you're ever North of Dallas, you're welcome to try my Shield Plus, P365XL, P365 XMacro, P365 XMacro Comp and P365 .380. I also have a couple Wilson Combat P365XL grips.
    I just so happen to want to sell my P365XL ( mint condition. Never fired) I’ll post it on classifieds.

Top Bottom