Votes: 27 60.0%
    • Shield Plus

Votes: 18 40.0%

• Total voters

ThirdCoast2A

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2016
    I went with the P365xl. I’ve since moved the slide on to a XMacro frame and it is even better for me. If you go with the 365xl let me know I’ve got a couple of holsters and at least one 12 round magazine with the maggut baseplate that I’d sell since I’ve moved to the XMacro frame.
    Target Sports

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I've shot a Shield Plus, and own P365, and a Hellcat.
    For me, it's a tossup between the P365 and Hellcat. The Shield Plus was a fine shooter, just prefer the other 2.

Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    I had an original shield with the thumb saftey, hated the saftey sold it. Shot the p365 but it was right when they came out and had the teething issues. Bought a shield plus, but it has the new flat trigger which I’m not a fan of. Probably selling it off and going to something bigger with a hammer.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    My wife was talking about getting something smaller for carry and everyone spoke so highly of the 365, but we went to the range and rented one. If I recall correctly it was the 365xl.
    She shot one magazine through it and decided that was enough for her, so I took it from there and finished the box of ammo. I was not at all impressed either, but thats no surprise since I have never cared for small pistols.

Anyway, my point is do as someone else has alread suggested. Rent both and shoot both. Mine or anyone elses opinion means nothing. You need to decide from actualy trying them yourself.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Shield plus is what I carry when I am not carrying a j frame. The flat faced trigger is really nice and its easy to conceal. I would never trust my life to a new production sig

If you do end up with a p365 make sure its post-recall (there were a few of them)

Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    Shield plus is what I carry when I am not carrying a j frame. The flat faced trigger is really nice and its easy to conceal. I would never trust my life to a new production sig

If you do end up with a p365 make sure its post-recall (there were a few of them)
    No beta testing for you?

• Haha
    Reactions: MTA

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I own 3 different versions of the 365. My son also has 3 more 365’s. I did buy a grip frame and convert my standard 365 to a 365X. Now I don’t have to worry about where the 10 round mags are because they only fit 1 gun. My EDC is a 365X with a 12 round mag carried IWB and a 15 round mag or 2 in my pocket.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    I carry a Shield Plus. It seemed like the P365 kept having issues and subsequent indistinct generations of fixes that SIG kept hush hush. Turned me off. Seems they've fixed it all but still a no go for me.

IMO, the P365 is the new starlet of the gun media and is what the Glock 19 used to be...without all the vetting.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    I tried, really tried, and wanted in the best way to like any of the versions/models of the 365 I tried, I just couldn't. So, given the two options, Shield Plus it is. Although the G43X/G48 MOS is a workable option as well.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom