• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pheet17

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Baytown, Texas
    It seems a large amount of people here lean toward IWB holsters, based on the pic threads I've seen. I'm a big guy and haven't found a IWB that is as comfortable as I would like. As my holster shopping goes, I was looking for some friendly input from the TGT faithful.

So Paddle or Belt and why??? :1zhelp:

Vellcrow

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Pflugerville
    Belt. More secure, takes full advantage of a proper gun belt, and usually is of a more concealable design; the holster contours to the hip easier.

Yes, I have owned and worn both styles.

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    I do own a paddle holster that I use every now and then to OC at the store, but my carry holsters are IWB. As said above, a belt holster is much more stable and secure....

iratollah

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2008
    I have a Tucker high ride OWB belt holster that provides all day comfort yet holds the grip close in to my body. Very concealable. Very comfortable. Gives me reason to wear a sports coat with my jeans, very stylish.

Geronimo45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    NE Texas
    Belt holster. Seem to be more comfortable.
    I'm a big guy and haven't found a IWB that is as comfortable as I would like.
    I'm a smaller guy, and I've found the same thing to be true. You might consider shoulder holsters as well.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Plus the paddle holsters stick out a lot more than a good OWB belt holster. Under a coat in the winter that would be okay, but with just a shirt untucked you're going to see a bulge.

With a good belt and a proper fitting OWB "Concealment" holster with a fairly lose untucked shirt it works pretty well.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    If you are looking for an EDC, I have to say belt.... watch this vid.
    YouTube - Why you don't use a kydex paddle holster

That applies equally to any Kydex holster, including a belt holster. He ripped the plastic off the rivets that attach the two parts of the holster. Belt holster of the same construction is going to do the same thing.

If you'd like, I can put the paddle attachment back on my Blackhawk CQC SERPA holster and you can try that trick with it. Good luck breaking it, though. I'll probably break before the holster or belt give up.

Paddle vs belt is going to come down to this: do you need or want to reposition the holster quickly? Will you need or want to remove and don the holster quickly? If no, then a belt holster is great (takes longer on/off, can't slide it around to the other side of your body).

wllmwallace

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Denton, TX
    Hafta agree with Sage on this one. I have the Blackhawk CQC Serpa for my XD-40 in the paddle configuration....wife and I tried this grab-n-go technique after watching the video....me trying to get it off her belt, and then her trying to get it off mine....niether of us could budge the Serpa in paddle configuration. As a matter of fact, I hafta go buy her a new belt b/c I snapped hers trying to get the damn paddle to swivel, and the inside paddle hooks grabbed her belt and snapped the belt...holster stayed put though while she was able to twist away and pull her weapon (XD-9SC in same holster - but modified.).

Her Serpa was cut back an inch for her XD-9SC.

http://img195.imageshack.us/i/img00126n.jpg/

http://img197.imageshack.us/i/img00128a.jpg/

Top Bottom