• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Byaah_19

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    DFW
    If this has been posted before I am sorry, I couldnt find it.
    If you could have only one gun for the rest of your life, what would it be.
    There is no specific situation that I'm talking about, just one gun forever.

Shotgun, rifle, pistol, revolver etc. Any make any model but just one. NO g23 so I can convert it to 9mm or .357. ONE gun ONE caliber.

This gun will be for range visits,SHTF, home defense, self defense, or any other situation you can think of.

Please dont try to bend the rules, just tell me one gun, one caliber, one make, one model and why. I know someone will find a loophole and find a way to not answer the question, but I was just curious to everyones opinion.

Mine would probably be the G19 because its simple, fun to shoot, easy to find ammo in most situations, concealable, easy to find parts for if it breaks and many other reasons.

I love rifles and shotguns but their applications have limits and the G19 seems to be a good all purpose gun IMO.

jagged97

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Euless, TX
    my Glock 17.

easy to shoot.
    plenty of rounds per magazine.
    easy to maintain or not... still shoots.
    tough as nails.
    9mm ammo is everywhere.
    parts are everywhere.
    if SHTF, there'll be plenty of them laying around (ammo, Glocks and the bodies of evil doers).

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Its a good thing that most choose guns they own. Happy shooters. I'll chime in the same way. If I could only have 1 it would be my Remington 870. Old Faithful. I'm of the opinion that any shotgun can do more OVERALL stuff than a rifle and way more than a pistol or revolver. If it had to be a handgun it would be the 4506 S&W .45, because it shoots everything fed every time for more than 20 years.

Byaah_19

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    DFW
    Yea I almost went with a Rem 870 but I love to shoot at the range, so I went with my G19. I just dont think I would have too much fun shooting 100 rounds of 12g at the range. For other purposes it may be fine but for me the all around gun would be mt G19. I have many other guns that I like better but as an all around gun for the rest of my life its the G19. Thanks for all the responses guys. Love this forum!!!!!!

Moss_Berg5150

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Yea I almost went with a Rem 870 but I love to shoot at the range, so I went with my G19. I just dont think I would have too much fun shooting 100 rounds of 12g at the range. For other purposes it may be fine but for me the all around gun would be mt G19. I have many other guns that I like better but as an all around gun for the rest of my life its the G19. Thanks for all the responses guys. Love this forum!!!!!!
    I am noticing a Glock trend starting here...I think we may need a poll.

--ok, ok no poll I'm just kidding I love 1911's too!

TimberWolf7.62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Houston
    Socom II, 7.62x51mm.
    Short, handy, versatile. It's gonna hit harder than any pistol or shotgun, at a far longer range, yet is still handy enough to use in CQB. 20 round mag beats almost all pistols and shotguns. It's pretty hard to put down a deer with a 9mm, or snipe someone at 200 yards.

I almost went with a shotgun, due to the versatility with using slugs, buckshot, or birdshot. That would be my second choice. But a pistol? No. While I love my 1911s, a pistol is what you use to keep the bad guys off of you until you can get to your rifle.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    A 16in lever action in .357.... Why? Ammo should be easy to find. It's light and very compact for a rifle (lighter and more compact than your average AR). 357 fired from a 16in barrel is good enough to take any game in the area. If I lived somewhere there was larger game I'd opt for 44magnum. If it breaks, I can fix nearly any part on it with a torch and hammer.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I've always wanted a lever action but have never shot one. Hows the accuracy and range?
    I've got a Rossi 92 in .44mag. Never sand bagged it to really see how it groups, but I can hit my 5" steel targets off hand 4 out of 5 times with it at about 100yds. That equals "good enough" accuracy in my book. I'd be hard pressed to make a shot past 150yrds, tho.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    zw150202
    Top Bottom