• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OldPhart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2017
    Orangefield
    Had my right hip replaced on 2/19. Hip is OK but groin muscle got severely pulled when the LVN let go of my leg a bit too early getting me in bed. I instinctively tried to "catch" the leg resulting in the muscle pull. If I wasn't at the hospital my wife works at I would have been yelling like crazy but that would reflect badly on her. Still using the damn walker. When I had the left one done I was walking with no assistance after 10-12 days.

My total so far: both hips, right knee, both wrists fused and back surgery (microdiscectomy). Left knee has been scoped but seems to be holding up OK.
    Gun Zone Deals

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    Had my right hip replaced on 2/19. Hip is OK but groin muscle got severely pulled when the LVN let go of my leg a bit too early getting me in bed. I instinctively tried to "catch" the leg resulting in the muscle pull. If I wasn't at the hospital my wife works at I would have been yelling like crazy but that would reflect badly on her. Still using the damn walker. When I had the left one done I was walking with no assistance after 10-12 days.

My total so far: both hips, right knee, both wrists fused and back surgery (microdiscectomy). Left knee has been scoped but seems to be holding up OK.
    How long for the wrist to be usable ? I have one in my future and it’s the. Dominate hand.

OldPhart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2017
    Orangefield
    The dominant wrist was about 6 weeks. They did the 4-screw version. You should be in a hard cast for about a month and an adjustable brace afterwards; time will tell on that one. Just be VERY careful grabbing things or pushing off a chair after the cast is removed.

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    The dominant wrist was about 6 weeks. They did the 4-screw version. You should be in a hard cast for about a month and an adjustable brace afterwards; time will tell on that one. Just be VERY careful grabbing things or pushing off a chair after the cast is removed.
    Thanks, I get to do a right wrist and a right knee. How long until you could shoot a pistol with the fused wrist?

OldPhart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2017
    Orangefield
    Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.....I would consult with the Dr that's going to the fusion.
    In my case, after 4 months, with approval, I started back with a S&W 617 and a Ruger Mark IV. Both are relatively heavy for a .22 LR. I've also shot my S&W 686+ using .38's only. That gets my wrist sore after 30 or so rounds. Magnum anything seems permanently off the list. Any long guns I can still shoot OK.
    My carry guns were an Officers APC, full sized 1911 and a Sig 938. Don't think I'm going to try those anytime soon. I'm currently carrying a NAA Black Widow in .22 mag using the Hornady 45 grain hollow points. It's better than nothing at least.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.....I would consult with the Dr that's going to the fusion.
    In my case, after 4 months, with approval, I started back with a S&W 617 and a Ruger Mark IV. Both are relatively heavy for a .22 LR. I've also shot my S&W 686+ using .38's only. That gets my wrist sore after 30 or so rounds. Magnum anything seems permanently off the list. Any long guns I can still shoot OK.
    My carry guns were an Officers APC, full sized 1911 and a Sig 938. Don't think I'm going to try those anytime soon. I'm currently carrying a NAA Black Widow in .22 mag using the Hornady 45 grain hollow points. It's better than nothing at least.

With the right holster, you could carry the Mark IV concealed....

OldPhart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2017
    Orangefield
    With the right holster, you could carry the Mark IV concealed....
    If I'm going to carry something that large, I would stay with my trusty full size 1911 in .45. If I ever have to really use it, the adrenaline would most likely mask any discomfort. Also, I'm sure I could load a recipe that has less kick than the factory loads.

The Black Widow is a .22 WMR but it really doesn't kick that much.

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    No fake teeth, glasses/eye surgery, hearing aids, or orthopedic shoes? $6 million wouldn't get you very far in todays medical costs. Might be enough for a broken arm and appendix removal now.

OldPhart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2017
    Orangefield
    No fake teeth, glasses/eye surgery, hearing aids, or orthopedic shoes? $6 million wouldn't get you very far in todays medical costs. Might be enough for a broken arm and appendix removal now.
    Just had cataracts done in the past year.....Also, I need a replacement for Farrah Faucet:laughing:

Iowashooter

Bitter Clinger
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    Iowa
    Reminds me of…

a guy who took a gal he didn’t know very well (but wanted to) home from the tavern one night

as they were getting ready to get in bed, she sat down, took off her wig, took out her false eye, removed her dentures, removed her falsies, removed her prosthetic leg… etc.

she caught him looking at her as she did all this and said “what are you looking at?… What do you want?

he said.. “you know what I want… throw it over here!“

;);););)

Top Bottom