DK Firearms

Old 16 ga shotguns ??? What are they worth ???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    A buddy of mine recently decided to part with some old family heirloom guns. One is a Lefever 16ga SxS with extractors built by Ithaca back in 1924. The other is a remington 870 wingmaster "corn cob" pump gun built in 1935. It is also a 16ga. He asked me to help him sell them, so I will be posting pictures soon in the classifieds. Both of them are fully functional shooters grade guns. I would venture to say the Lefever is exceptional for its age. Anyhow, I am no expert on old guns so hopefully someone out there is. Any input is appreciated. If you have any interest, please PM me or post a message here.

BT1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    USA
    According to the 28th Blue Book, Ithaca SXS's and the other company firearms absorbed by Ithaca, fall into one of 6 grades with Field Grade being the lowest ($1600 at 100%) to Grade 5E bringing the highest value ($5400 at 95%). Setting a price would obviously depend on what your friend has and its condition.

Can't help you with the Remington as they didn't come out with the Wingmaster until 1950.

You might want to go over and look around on Shotgun World for more help.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Looks like I goofed on the Remington, it was made in 53' not 35'. Overall I would probably call the Lefever a 60% gun. Most of the bluing has faded to a nice patina. The wood had no cracks, etc. but it did have a pachmayer recoil pad installed at some point. The bores are clean w/no pitting. I really need to eyeball it more after a gentle cleaning. Thanks for the link to Shotgun world and all the info - Texmex

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom