Ok guys, what is this? I've so much to learn...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Right. Looks like you've got faeries. You'll need to leave a saucer of milk and a dab of honey out at night so they'll think kindly of you and leave you in peace. Also avoid walking into any rings of mushrooms or laying on any small mounds in the terrain, and be certain to only say nice things about them...because they're listening.

MountainGirl

Hovering
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Big Thicket
    Right. Looks like you've got faeries. You'll need to leave a saucer of milk and a dab of honey out at night so they'll think kindly of you and leave you in peace. Also avoid walking into any rings of mushrooms or laying on any small mounds in the terrain, and be certain to only say nice things about them...because they're listening.
    Sigh... and I suppose we need to lay off the Jägermeister too?

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    We looked...no ants around it at all, which is also kind of strange; given the ants in the area otherwise.

Something is fking with us.
    I've got a Harvester ant colony where I am. They are dormant because of the drought right now and I haven't seen them in months. They do this every summer. They are there though if thats what it is and make that same type of trail. I have a trail over 100 yards long going to the property next door. Those big ole ants travel by the thousands. They definitely cut out a trail.

MountainGirl

Hovering
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Big Thicket
    I've got a Harvester ant colony where I am. They are dormant because of the drought right now and I haven't seen them in months. They do this every summer. They are there though if thats what it is and make that same type of trail. I have a trail over 100 yards long going to the property next door. Those big ole ants travel by the thousands. They definitely cut out a trail.
    I'm going to check this out. With it getting down into the 60's overnight maybe that's what did this and they got active now - and, each of those pieces of red leaf had to be carried in by something.

I'm going back out with a shovel and cut me a cross section. Soon as I put on some long pants.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I'm going to check this out. With it getting down into the 60's overnight maybe that's what did this and they got active now - and, each of those pieces of red leaf had to be carried in by something.

I'm going back out with a shovel and cut me a cross section. Soon as I put on some long pants.
    They are the good type of ants. I mean you d9nt want to be covered in them as the do bite, but they are not bad to have around like fire ants.

single stack

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    FL
    Dune
    Sandworm
    IMG_0962.jpeg

MountainGirl

Hovering
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Big Thicket
    Harvester ants?

Ding ding ding! We might have a winner here!

I cut into it - and there's no tunnel, collapsed or otherwise, whatsoever.

The google images for harvester ant trails is spot on; the leaf pieces add up to their natures - but who knows where they got the red leaf; dont know dont care.

Let the killing begin.

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    mosingirl
    Top Bottom