• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Knock it off with the religious arguments and personal attacks please.

This thread is bad enough without them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    2 things. We’re all sitting here armchair quarterbacking. The judge, jury, the lady, the family. We need to remember they’re real folks. Someone is going to bed with their son 6 feet under, someone else with a daughter behind bars.

We’re on the internet. It’s relatively anonymous. But still we need empathy.

Now fair or not murder manslaughter or what have you. This is what I want to know.

If you go read the use of force laws use of deadly force is justified in all these different scenarios, BUT if you screw up and inadvertently kill, injure etc a bystander none of of those defenses are applicable as it relates the injury or death of the bystander.

Can anyone come up with a situation where deadly force was used, and someone accidentally got shot. What were they charged with? Where they convicted? If so what was the sentence?

Reviewing other cases within those parameters would be an excellent starting point in discussing the results of this case.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    satx78247 said:
    Did you know that the victim's own brother testified that he did NOT believe that she was guilty
    I suggest that you check out the testimony of the victim's brother & what he testified to during the Penalty Phase of the trial earlier today
    Yeah, let me help you with that. Here it is. Let us know MM:SS where he says he thinks she is not guilty.

Last edited:

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Is this where somebody says
    27aca42443adc5513a737ef471162875.jpg

Or have I mis-timed that?

Attachments

• 27aca42443adc5513a737ef471162875.jpg
      27aca42443adc5513a737ef471162875.jpg
      16.2 KB · Views: 515

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Well, the sentencing came in today and I'm just going to give my opinion on the matter

I think it was fair. She made a stupid mistake by messing around in a marriage and that helped lead her to an even dumber mistake of killing a man in his own apartment.

I think, given the testimonies and facts (especially the ones that pointed to her seeming to be more concerned for herself and remorseless in the following days), that it was pretty fair. She got more time than I thought she was going to get, but I agree with ten years. I do believe it was a really tragic accident (for the man), caused by complete carelessness and negligence. I'm also completely surprised that she was even charged with murder, though I do believe it WAS murder. Not premeditated, but it was.

What I DO NOT LIKE is how people are making this about race. I don't believe she was let off easy, but if she was, it more than likely had to do with her ex job, than it did her being white.

I feel for the family and hope they find some sort of closure in this. I also hope the wife of the other officer who was cheating, can find peace and self security after her husband was going around cheating with a co worker.

I am satisfied and after long hours of watching testimonies and the overall trial, I believe justice was served.

I respect all other educated opinions that may differ from mine.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Soooo...Dallasites....is there a shitshow goin on?
    To All,

Presuming that what WOAI has reported is TRUTHFUL, I'm DISGUSTED with the prosecutor, jury, grand jury, judge & everyone else who were involved in prosecution of this case for MURDER.

A conviction for MURDER REQUIRES a SPECIFIC CRIMINAL INTENT to KILL a particular person(s). = At MOST she should have been convicted of NEGLIGENT HOMICIDE & been sentenced to no more than a year in the county jail OR have received probation, as she had NO SPECIFIC INTENT but instead acted with NEGLIGENCE to the consequences of her actions.
    (Good thing for the Dallas DA that I wasn't on the jury, as I would have voted Not Guilty to MURDER & likely also to MANSLAUGHTER & would have "HUNG the jury", at worst, IF I couldn't have convinced the other 11 jurors about SPECIFIC INTENT.)

just my opinions, satx
    Just for the record, intent and premeditation only require a fraction of a second and thought.
    She phucked herself and why she did it I couldnt tell you.

When the prosecution asked if she intended to kill him he was laying the trap for murder over manslaughter. She jumped right in even though its been drilled into her head from day one that you shoot to stop a threat and never testify in any other way.

Personally I think this was a negligent homicide or manslaughter. Still she has only her self to blame.

Appeal?

She might get a new trial based on location or the judges decisions on evidence or testimony. I doubt seriously they will overturn it outright.

Her chances are slim and she might even be eligible for release by then.

IMHO OFCOURSE.

OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    Appeal?

She might get a new trial based on location or the judges decisions on evidence or testimony. I doubt seriously they will overturn it outright.

Her chances are slim and she might even be eligible for release by then.

Almost kind of dangerous for her to appeal, if she gets the murder thrown out and is retried for manslaughter the jury then might decide to give her a longer sentence.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    She made many mistakes, IMHO. Someone died that should not have. So the guy on 380 that killed 4 in a head-on got away with a reckless driving ticket! How many years did it take for TX to add manslaughter while DUI to the law? Where in the LE manual are you supposed to fire a warning shot or aim to wound? Her statement the she shot to kill was proper but (according to Monday nite quarterbacking by media) was the clincher? Dallas latest and greatest P.C. is now going to 'study' the LE handbook? Outcome is basically if LE, check with supervisor before firing your weapon.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    What does the L.E. Manual have to do with this case?

mongoose,

SIMPLE. Unlike when I was a "rookie cop" in the 1960s, in the 21st Century, police officers are trained to fire TWO SHOTS (which is usually called: a double-tap) to CENTER MASS, which are NOT intended to wound a criminal but to STOP the criminal.
    (TWO well-aimed shots of JHP ammo to center mass, i.e., the K5 area, are usually LETHAL.)
    NO department, training school or "policy manual" instructs any LEO to fire warning shots, "shoot to wound", "shoot the gun out of his hand" or any of the other "Hollywood nonsense" that the press often asks why a LEO didn't do in the aftermath of a shooting incident.

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    SJWs always project ;)

TheDan,

YES, "SJWs" do project. = Personally, I call "Social Justice Warriors": KOOKS, "crazies", MARXISTS, FOOLS, BIGOTS & (sometimes under my breath) words that would get me banned forever from this site.
    THANKFULLY, to my knowledge, we have NO "SJW" as members on this forum.

yours, satx

Last edited:

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    Satx78247,

It is my understanding that she was not acting as a Police Officer and if she had simply backed out of the apartment and not proceeded to advance she would have not been in any possible danger. Therefore, there would have been no need for gun play.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Would coulda shoulda. Too late for all that now.

The murder conviction surprised me, but 10 years is pretty light. I think she convinced them she knew she made a mistake. Only reasonable explanation for that low of a sentence.

I witnessed a murder when I was 8. Guy served 10 years for breaking in, then brutally beating my grandmother's best friend to death. She was 68, and a sweet little old lady.

I could have used an attitude/knowlege/insight like Jean's brother. Took me many years to get to that place.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    mongoose,

In Texas a police officer is always "acting as a police officer" = NO sworn officer is EVER really "off duty". Further, she was "in uniform" & all of the "second-guessing" by the press is SILLY & tells any LEO how little that civilians know about police work..

That said, I'm a LOT older than she is & have made most of my stupid mistakes long ago.
    (I'm an OLD rather than BOLD officer & long retired.)
    In this precise situation, IF I believed that an intruder was INSIDE my apartment, I would have "backed off", called for "backup" (The supposed burglar "wasn't going anyplace" & NOTHING would be lost by awaiting "backup".) & there would have been no shooting, as the DPD officer was at the WRONG apartment.

just my OPINION, satx

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    She made many mistakes, IMHO.
    Understatement of the year.

One more example not mentioned is she solo entered the APT with her heavy vest in her left hand and not on her. One more example of how this woman had no business being an LEO. If the she felt the need to enter the apt, drop the lunch box and back pack, put the vest on an then go. She is a freaking idiot.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    xbasbajajjs
    Top Bottom