• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tweek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    DFW
    Found this on instapundit this morning. Mexico and other SA states collapsing would not be pleasant for Texas, New Mexico, or Arizona. Recent changes in my interests suddenly take on new meaning.

A FRIEND EMAILS FROM MEXICO

A FRIEND EMAILS FROM MEXICO: “Shit’s about to collapse in MX and points south. It is frightening. I am seeing first hand, am traveling. Total anarchy and terror unfolding.” Well, that’s encouraging. All those counter-insurgency and nation-building skills we’ve honed in Iraq might come in handy closer to home.
    Or, you know, we could just legalize drugs and pull the rug out from under the cartels.

UPDATE: A followup email:
    It’s so complex. The USA unilaterally legalizing weed, as many have proposed, wouldn’t stop the violence — there are any number of possible outcomes to that. The causes are complex and brewed over time… all I know is that all signs are pointing to a far worsening situation down there, and increasing impact here.
    Militarizing the border isn’t a solution, but having seen what I’ve seen, I’d be terrified if we weren’t hardening that border right now.
    Time to come back to the States, I think.

MORE: Reader Michael Ubaldi emails:
    Speaking of Iraq: I’m sure academics could explain how Mexican drug gangs are totally unlike insurgents in Iraq, but I tell you, the groups’ modus operandi sound awfully similar. One marked difference, of course, is that few try to justify the gangs’ actions.
    The world will take a big step forward when it understands that violent people are simply violent people.
    Indeed.
    Texas SOT

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    It's NOT going to be pretty...those of us with ranches, or connected to those who have ranches within 100 miles of the border are already seeing it. Texas has a LITTLE advantage because of the Rio Grande actually being deep enough, wide enough or swift enough to be a deterent (deep and wide maybe not so much!!!) but Arizona and California, with an "Imaginary Line" on the ground, it's not going to be good.

According to a friend with ICE, we could be looking at a DMZ siuation between us and Mexico. But before we reach that point, we will see more and more violence in the streets of border states as the BGs come in to try to intimidate. When THAT happens, shoot on site and protecion of your neighbors becomes VERY important! We can all hang together, or hang seperatly, but the time to try to "mind your own business" is coming to an end.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michaelm18
    Top Bottom