• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TNHoosier

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2021
    Monkeytown
    When i took my trip out to the smokey's I wasn't worried about roads that looked like that. But I did have a couple pucker moments when I rounded a corner and the road was covered in wet leaves.
    I live in East TN and ride the twisties all of the time. Wet leaves and the piles of grass clippings can cause problems much more so than just wet roads. You do need to be very careful of paint, manhole covers, and RXR tracks when wet.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    I live in East TN and ride the twisties all of the time. Wet leaves and the piles of grass clippings can cause problems much more so than just wet roads. You do need to be very careful of paint, manhole covers, and RXR tracks when wet.
    I was riding on some random road that I thought would take me to the parkway when I ran up on the leaf covered sections. It eventually turned into a dirt road. I think it would have taken me to the parkway but being on a 600lb dual sport I didn't want to get down the dirt road and find myself in a slippery mess. I was based out of Gatlinburg for the trip so I headed back that way. I think I only saw 1 car while I was on that road. It had a couple elevation changing switchback sections. Was a little unnerving since I was by myself.

Sad to see what happened out there with the storm. Hope y'all came out OK

Last edited:

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    1000012567.jpg

TNHoosier

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2021
    Monkeytown
    I was riding on some random road that I thought would take me to the parkway when I ran up on the leaf covered sections. It eventually turned into a dirt road. I think it would have taken me to the parkway but being on a 600lb dual sport I didn't want to get down the dirt road and find myself in a slippery mess. I was based out of Gatlinburg for the trip so I headed back that way. I think I only saw 1 car while I was on that road. It had a couple elevation changing switchback sections. Was a little unnerving since I was by myself.

Sad to see what happened out there with the storm. Hope y'all came out OK
    We were fortunate enough to be west of the major damage. The mountains and valleys can do weird things to weather patterns here. We got 6+ inches of rain and very little wind, five miles from us had very strong winds that blew over trees, etc.

ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    Once, on a Sportster, while looking for a friend, I rode into a conservation area. The road slowly changed from asphalt, to packed gravel, to loose gravel, to pure blow sand. I only kept going because I was sure that it couldn't go on for long, because I "knew" there was another highway "just over the next hill." I held it at about 2500rpm and did the duck walk for about 2 miles before I got back to solid gravel again. Never did find my friend. And made pretty poor mpgs on the trip..

Top Bottom