May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    hornoxe.com_gifdump342_19.gif

ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    Shooting a horse show in Tyler Texas this week and next. On my way to put my camera up yesterday evening I was greeted with a sunset featuring a crescent moon and Venus
    View attachment 479518
    I believe that 2/3 of good pictures come more from realizing what you are seeing would be a beautiful picture. Having the equipment, and the skill to use it isn't nearly as important now that phone cameras are getting so good.
    Some of my best pics, like the sunrise above, were shot spur of the moment.
    It seems the more planning and prep I put in, the worse the pictures seem to be..

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    I believe that 2/3 of good pictures come more from realizing what you are seeing would be a beautiful picture. Having the equipment, and the skill to use it isn't nearly as important now that phone cameras are getting so good.
    Some of my best pics, like the sunrise above, were shot spur of the moment.
    It seems the more planning and prep I put in, the worse the pictures seem to be..
    I know what you mean.
    That picture was really not all that great. Camera is more than capable, but the lens would not have been my choice if I were actually out to do night sky photography. I had to really push the ISO. But it was about the view at that moment, not image quality.

ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    I know what you mean.
    That picture was really not all that great. Camera is more than capable, but the lens would not have been my choice if I were actually out to do night sky photography. I had to really push the ISO. But it was about the view at that moment, not image quality.
    That sunrise was shot freehand out the window of my truck on an empty 2 lane highway. A saw the shot with the windmill. Checked the mirrors, stopped and backed up to take the picture. Probably my best shot ever. Total accident.

ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    That sunrise was shot freehand out the window of my truck on an empty 2 lane highway. A saw the shot with the windmill. Checked the mirrors, stopped and backed up to take the picture. Probably my best shot ever. Total accident.
    Edit to add. I shoot random Canon Rebels. And generally never touch (or even look at) any of the settings past portrait, sports, whatever.
    My only frill is I sprung for the image stabilizer lenses in both 18-55 and 75-300.

Top Bottom