• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    Still a cool pic.. Astro photography is harder than I ever dreamed. New mirrorless DSLR type cameras will help. But the hot new ticket is using a digital scope mounted video camera to take long term "exposures". Then you can layer the video images any way you want... When I get back to work I might bay another scope and that setup to play with.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    1000012230.jpg

ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods

We got to see the "awacs" conny at Scott? AFB in central IL. Along with a cutaway of a 36 or 48? Cylinder radial that was rigged with an electric motor to turn it. And I just got done ready Kelly Johnson book that talks about designing the Conny along with a bunch of other cool planes like the p38, u2, and sr71..

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    We got to see the "awacs" conny at Scott? AFB in central IL. Along with a cutaway of a 36 or 48? Cylinder radial that was rigged with an electric motor to turn it. And I just got done ready Kelly Johnson book that talks about designing the Conny along with a bunch of other cool planes like the p38, u2, and sr71..
    Head on up to South Bend...

The Studebaker Museum has cut aways of Radial Engines produced in WWII (by Studebaker)

On Sundays....they have a heck of a brunch a couple blocks down the street at the Mansion...

Top Bottom