• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Wonder if the services converted a few of these to turbo prop and trick them out for close air support how effective they be

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

If they did, whoever was responsible for it would need to be drug out in to the street and kicked mercilessly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Target Sports

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Wonder if the services converted a few of these to turbo prop and trick them out for close air support how effective they be
    I’m not aware of any Corsairs that were converted, but...

If they did, whoever was responsible for it would need to be drug out in to the street and kicked mercilessly.

After Piper bought the rights to the P-51, they birthed the PA-48 Enforcer as a competitor to Cessna’s A-37 in the COIN mission.

oohrah

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Heart O' Texas
    Since there is no real SAM threat anymore, the real threat to fighters is ground fire/AAA, effective below 10,000 ft. So stay high, drop precision guided munitions, and leave the CAS to drones.

oohrah

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Heart O' Texas
    Well, not where we're currently operating. Now if we actually flew into Iran or Russia airspace, that would be a different story. And there are still shoulder fired IR missiles to contend with, but they're not effective above 10,000 ft either. Of course none of this applies to helos, which are always in the ground fire envelope.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    View attachment 236454

Japanese mini sub that failed to enter Pearl Harbor for the attack
    They have one of those on the navy base in Guam, in front of the naval housing. When I was looking at it, although I know the Japanese are smaller, I couldn't imagine it was comfortable getting in, let alone for hours on end. They are extremely small.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    They have one of those on the navy base in Guam, in front of the naval housing. When I was looking at it, although I know the Japanese are smaller, I couldn't imagine it was comfortable getting in, let alone for hours on end. They are extremely small.
    Did it look like this? (this would not be a job for me. I bet it would be fund to tool around for a bit, but submerged for hours with hunters after you? No.)
    1607966044822.png

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Did it look like this? (this would not be a job for me. I bet it would be fund to tool around for a bit, but submerged for hours with hunters after you? No.)
    View attachment 236985
    It looked like that, but I don't believe the Santa Rita Center is on the base There, but yeah, I at first thought it was a model of a full size sub.

Bigguy49

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2016
    Harrier VSTOL fighter cockpit, ready for take-off from an Invincible Class Carrier

a65d441ca1ab0e1d04cf36c4786f702c.jpg
    My wife who is a "TopGun" movie junkie (mostly the first 5 minutes of carrier launch ,she once had the movie sound cranked up so loud on our surround sound that our daughter walked in and told her things were rattling off the walls in her room) wants to see a video from the pilots position of a carrier launch

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom