• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    The latest LS engine family from GM is very reliable. The rest of the truck... not so much.
    Texas SOT

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress

Much love for any brand is unsubstantiated fanboyism.

I've put so many miles on ford and Chevy work trucks.
    I damn near drove the wheels off my Toyota.
    My admiration for any vehicle is NOT fanboyism.

"Those who appease a tiger do so in hope that the tiger will eat them last."
    -Winston Churchill

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    I've put so many miles on ford and Chevy work trucks.
    I damn near drove the wheels off my Toyota.
    My admiration for any vehicle is NOT fanboyism.
    "Those who appease a tiger do so in hope that the tiger will eat them last."
    -Winston Churchill
    Never said YOURS was.

Mustang Mike

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Mesquite TX
    17-DSC_0143.jpg This is one of my Mustangs,yes that is me driving at Willow Springs Raceway, So Ca.

Mustang Mike

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Mesquite TX
    That Terlingua Racing sticker sounds so familiar.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2
    The car is not a Original Terlingua Racing Team car, I built the car as a close to original with today's VARA rules.
    Roll cage, fuel cell all that safety stuff. Outa the original seven Team cars three are left and are well over $1 million.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Oh I don't know anything about it. I just thought I had seen that sticker in Lubbock or something. I wasn't aware it was a famous racing team.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

Mustang Mike

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Mesquite TX
    Carroll Shelby built seven 1967 notch back Shelby Mustangs to race in the '67 Trans AM series, Shelby owned a chicken
    ranch in Terlingua TX and friend of Shelby's artist Bill Neale came up with the Terlingua Logo and the name for the Team.
    I meet Neale when I was building the car and was trying to find out what color is God Awful Yellow as it was referred to by
    in the magazine articles and old photos mostly black and white. Only Shelby would paint the Ford Factory Terlingua Racing
    Team Corvette yellow so that's why they called it God Awful Yellow ! Terlingua Logos.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Ford has just the right amount of resistance in the steering.

I was in autobody in HS and had a 76 Ford F150. That truck was my first real 'wife'. Pulled the old 390FE and stuck a 429 2v in it's place. C6 tranny out a JohnDeere. 9" rearend off a dump truck. Massive 12" disc brakes up front.

I got to drive a 68 Chevy truck, 65 chevy, junk dodge.

Chevy has a lighter steering wheel. Some has one finger twist fast type stuff.

Dodge...it's always been like turning a meat grinder crank.

Ford, just the right amount. Not hard like dodge, or soft like Chevy.

Ive had the following Fords

1977 LTD 351w
    1968 Fastback, 302 factory, 2v 351c and 4 speed installed.
    1967 Notchback, 289
    1963 Comet, 6 banger, 32MPG, 3 on the tree.
    1968 Galaxy> Galaxy made Cadillac look cheap. 2dr, 390FE, C6 tranny, out to a 9". Best fishing car made. You could live out the trunk in was so big.

My favorite Ford: TBird

1982, 264
    1985 3.6 v6
    1986 Turbo Coup. Ford's old pinto motor 2.3, 4 banger, Turbo'ed to hell. 5 speed standard. Turbo lag use take a few. That car would suck you back in the seats. When the two tone fade from top to bottom was popular. I painted this car at work. Black gloss single coat, fade from top with a cherry maroon metallic. Clear coat finish. Spies hecker paint out of a Sada gun.
    1986 project, 351w, Airflow heads, Demon Crab, Forged hbeam rods. Forged pistons, Deburred 1972 pre emission truck block. Stainless shorty headers, c4(still working on stall speed), mustang rear, locker 3.73 gears, sub frame braces, 1/2 fuel line ran, Electric fuel pump. Battery in trunk. Spot weld seams welded. Drag struts up front. Manual rack off a 79 mustang. Poly bushing everything. Auto gauges, Centerline 15x10 back, 15x4 front, still had electric windows and the drag seat was also....anyway, Divorce sucks.
    1987 302.
    1991 My first 4.6 SOHV. I installed headers. The best cruising Tbird I had.

Ive had a buttload of trucks. From 68 and up. 4x4, 2wd.

My hands have touched a pair of genuine BOSS 429 heads. I can say the same thing about "camel humps"....lol...who cares

Now my latest is a 06 Ford explorer. V6. 5speed auto. Engine made in Germany, tranny in France. Same engine also used in Range Rover. 3.73 gears. Full independent suspension. 16mpg. Same, sometimes goofy, Ford workmanship through out, as any Ford Ive ever driven.

I played with Chevy. 1978 Monte Carlo. Packed a real 396 in it. 350turbo. The front end sank about 1.5 inches with the big block. It also blew up the 7.5 rearend. GM's famous shortfall. Weak rearends.

The girlfriend drives a 07 Tahoe. Otherwise known as a 4door Blazer. I don't know why it makes people upset when you call them that either.....

Last edited:

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Demon Crabs?!?!

"...Your Jihad, homeboy.....begins right here...with me. You want to kill someone? My appointments have been cleared for "anytime your balls descend from your belly". Grab your sack and get busy commie."
    -Gabe Suarez

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Demon Crabs?!?!

"...Your Jihad, homeboy.....begins right here...with me. You want to kill someone? My appointments have been cleared for "anytime your balls descend from your belly". Grab your sack and get busy commie."
    -Gabe Suarez

You make love in a Chevy, you get laid in a Ford. So I can not in good faith say that was a typo.

Top Bottom