• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    American cars have a feel to them. A certain ride.

The old saying, "Race Chevy, Drive Ford".

A Ford will cruise like butter on a smooth road. Thats why they make it pretty. Ford doesn't make ugly cars.

Throw the firewood in the back of a Chevy. Sweep the bed of a Ford.

They both do the same thing. Ford just makings it prettier.
    Gun Zone Deals

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    I agree. My F150 is for driving around town with a spacious, quiet interior and smooth ride. If I need to get some work done, tow or haul, I use the GMC Duramax.

With that said, the only Ford I'd ever own is a truck... Although my Jeep does have a Ford engine and axles. :D

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I've never seen a pretty Ford. Got a pic?

LOL this guy...

Untitled.gif

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I really do like Ford and Chevy though, which is sort of strange. I just really preferred the F150. The new 2014 Silverado is freakin' awesome though.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I pretty much like all of the big three trucks. Even the new Dodge is looking good.

I'll probably buy a 2014 GMC to replace my 2007.

Sit, in a King Ranch. Just a little side trip if you do want the 2014. Same year whatever weight.

The Ford I drive now has an engine made in germany, tranny made in france. The same engine that was also standard on Range Rover. It's a cream puff.

Ive rode in a GMC 2500 4x4 with a foreman at a job. Duramax will purr along. The first diesel to be made of entire aluminium. Made by isuzu. That truck would look like sh+t, clean.

But Ford is what you take the family out in.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    No Ford family vehicles here. The F150 is far from being the best looking truck to me. I do like the new Mustang GT. It's an amazing amount of hot rod for the money. It's a Ford I would consider owning for sure.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    I've got an 06 Silverado.
    My previous truck, a 96 Tacoma 4x4 was much tougher than the Sulverado.

My next truck will be a Ford 4x4.
    I've ridden in several of the newer ones and am impressed with them.

"Those who appease a tiger do so in hope that the tiger will eat them last."
    -Winston Churchill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    No Ford family vehicles here. The F150 is far from being the best looking truck to me. I do like the new Mustang GT. It's an amazing amount of hot rod for the money. It's a Ford I would consider owning for sure.

I saw an acid green Roush Mustang. They had a BOSS right next to it. Ford's racing OHV crate engine. Ford Blue valve covers. Ford use to be all two barrel crabs, straight sixes. 390FE's cast iron giants.

Not no more.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I've got an 06 Silverado.
    My previous truck, a 96 Tacoma 4x4 was much tougher than the Sulverado.

My next truck will be a Ford 4x4.
    I've ridden in several of the newer ones and am impressed with them.

"Those who appease a tiger do so in hope that the tiger will eat them last."
    -Winston Churchill

It's said that Ford spent over a billion buck developing that 4.6. They use to be sluggest. But smooth....sew machine smooth. They finally got the engine down.

Crown Vics police, take a licking. I looked at one used. It had 5220 hours of idle time. That 30miles per hour wear. 75K on the chassis. And not a spit of smoke. She shows aches. But that alot of hell it went through.

It's the child of the 427SOHV. Long beautiful timing chains. That proved quite reliable.

Ford still uses smooth heavy brakes. Solid Rearend. With a firmer ride then dodge. Chevy having a butter ride soft.

Last edited:

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    People can spew all of the Ford love they want in here but the fact is that the 4.6 and 5.4 engines spit out spark plugs, head gaskets, and heads WAY before they got a chance to get old. The 5.0 redesign engine was long overdue. Let's hope it's a better engine long term. It has a lot to live up to when compared to the GM LS engines which regularly venture into the 300,000 mile range without ever having a head off.

I've been in the auto industry a LONG TIME and seen a bunch of what's good and bad.

Much love for any brand is unsubstantiated fanboyism.

Radarscratch

I void warranties.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Westminster
    My Dodge is offended by this post.... Racist

My Dodge has its paint peeling just about everywhere. I've replaced the tranny, most of the front end, radiator, and door handles. It leaks water from the door deals, rattles everywhere and the dash disintegrated.

I think I'll get a Ford or Toyota to replace. And I do take care of my truck.

Sent from my own insanity via Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I don't like any of them. I was pissed with Chevy when they dropped the 350.

It doesn't seem like any of the new stuff will last the way the old ones will. Seems like when fuel injection took over and they started tweaking more and more out of the engines while trying to get better and better mileage and attempting to keep up with the emissions crap they forgot about durability. Or maybe they just don't intend for a 35-40 thousand dollar truck to last for more than 6 years.

Or may e it's all in my head. Either way I will drive my 94 Chevy till the wheels fall off then stick'em back on and drive it some more.

Top Bottom