• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    This is our flagship course and goes as far as you can safely go on a square range with live-fire pistols. The dynamic curriculum surpasses the traditional handgun methods commonly taught in most institutions and focuses of the use of the pistol in aggressive close range applications likely in individual civilian street encounters.

The class begins with a tune-up of the fundamentals, then we progress quickly to new skills such as Proactive and Reactive Manipulations, Shooting While Moving Off The X, Reality-Based Multiple Hostiles Engagement, 360 degree CQB Movement, Danger-Close Fighting, Bilateral Shooting, 360 degree After Action Assessment Methods, and Integrating the Flashlight and Other Tools into the Firing Platform. This is the life-saving material that is often ignored in many other programs. In two days, you will receive more information than most armed professionals ever get!

We must point out that THIS COURSE IS NOT FOR THE NOVICE SHOOTER. If you have not received basic instruction, or have a question about your skill level, please call us first.

DURATION: 2 days
    TIME: 9:00AM to 5:00PM
    PREREQUISITES: NONE
    AMMUNITION: Approximately 500 rounds (Minimum)
    YOU NEED TO BRING:
    Spare clothing appropriate to the weather, lunch/snacks and water (minimum of 1 gallon per person) for the entire day, baseball or other style hat, sun screen, bug repellent, allergy medication (if needed), chair (if you have a problem with sitting on the ground, note taking paper/pen/pencil and a boo boo kit (band aids, gauze pads, antiseptic wipes, antibiotic ointment and tape)

REQUIREMENTS:
    Modern Defensive Pistol, holster specifically made for that pistol and designed to be worn on the belt, 3 Magazines and Magazine Pouch, A Belt of the same width as the belt loops for the holster and magazine pouches, Range Safety Gear (Eye protection, and ear protection)

I35W FM 1171
    Argyle, TX 76226
    940-648-3356
    Web: Quail Creek Shooting Range-Archery Pistol Rifle Site-Handgun Target Practice-Gun Range-Gun Shop-Lewisville, Highland Village, Flower Mound, Denton, Argyle, Texas
    DIRECTIONS TO RANGE:
    http://maps.google.com/maps?q=quail+...=12&iwloc=ddw1

NEARBY HOTELS: Sleep Inn & Suites Speedway
    13471 Raceway Drive
    Roanoke, TX 76262
    817-491-3120
    Note: Sleep Inn and Suites, a pet friendly Roanoke TX hotel, offers free breakfast to every guest. The hotel is near Alliance Center, Texas Motor Speedway.

Marriott-Champions Circle
    3300 Championship PKWY
    Ft. Worth, TX 76177
    817-961-0800

Comfort Suites
    801 Byron Nelson Blvd
    Roanoke, TX 76262
    817-490-1455
    CLOSEST AIRPORT: Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW)

enroll here
    Capitol Armory ad

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    I'm bringing CRG back to the DFW area as promised! This class will fill and fill quickly. There will be other SI staff in attendance and special offers for future training with SI. The last time I taught this in Dallas it was a sell out. Don't wait too long. Also you can put a deposit down to hold your spot. Look for other exciting classes to be scheduled in the DFW area.

Schue

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    FT Hood
    Jon,

How do I reserve a spot or pay for the course? The website is not set-up to pay for the course and I contacted Suarez and they told me that it is too early to sign up.

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    It appears the administrator needs some finishing touches to that page. It should be fixed anytime now. Sorry for the delay.
    Jon,

How do I reserve a spot or pay for the course? The website is not set-up to pay for the course and I contacted Suarez and they told me that it is too early to sign up.

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    Oct is not that far away and this class is over half full. Chris Rainey of Proactive Defense and Bob Mayne of the Handgun World Show are hosting this event. Last weekend's class in San Antonio TX was a sell out and I expect this one will be the same. Dr Keith Seto, one of our TMCO instructors will also be in attendance. With a full class there will be an instructor to student ratio of one instructor for every group of five students. The suggest minimum round count is 500-600, but last weekend there were several that went through 800-1000. Come join us in Argyle and check out the Quail Creek Range.

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    TXI and Sig, it would be great to have you there. There is allot of good information in this course and I'm thrilled to be returning to the DFW area. There are students that took it the first time I taught in the DFW area that are taking it again.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Yep, definitely! Lately I've been working accuracy, so it'll be good to balance that out with some high speed, more dynamic close range work.

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    There are about 5 spots left for this course according to the most recent count. After the limit has been reached a waiting list will be generated. Only one person from the waiting list got to attend the San Antonio CRG last weekend!

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    In Close Range Gunfighting you'll learn to accomplish what Modern Technique calls the impossible. Don't think I'm trashing MT because I'm not. All has it's proper place and context. What MT is to the proactive gunfight, CRG is to the reactive gunfight. As a husband, father, and private businessman chances are the fight for my life will be reactive in nature. As a Deputy Sheriff, I pray that the incident be proactive, but life is fluid and the fight will be what the fight will be. Plenty of cops have ended their final watch being caught up in a reactive gunfight. Close Range Gunfighting addresses both skill-sets and prepares you for courses like PSP (drinking from a fire hose), Advanced CRG, and 0-5 Feet Pistol Gunfighting. There is no better place to test your gear than inside a Suarez International course.

Mike D Texas

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Parker County
    Mike, What did you have in mind and when?

You had made mention that this class would not be recommended for anyone that had not received prior training. I was just curious if there would be any class geared more toward folks that had not received any prior formal training.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    Not having a formal class before CRG is not a deal breaker. Knowledge of your weapon, strong understanding of weapon safety, and solid gun-handling skills are much more important. Shooting is easy. In CRG you are taught how to shoot on the move. I've had students go straight from a CHL course into CRG and do great. I've had students that have attended a few stand and deliver classes that should have understood weapon safety have a much harder time. CRG is an intermediate course and is not for the "brand new" firearms owner. If you would like to call me and discuss your firearms experience I'll tell you straight up if you would benefit from the course or not.

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    Down to just a few spots. If you wait until the last minute you won't make it into this class. After this class reaches capacity enrollments will be closed and a waiting list will be created. I have another assistant coming from Oklahoma so we will have one instructor for every 4 students.

Top Bottom