• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • angel71rs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2009
    El Paso
    I'm shocked, shocked!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/todays_paper/Style/2011-04-12/C/1/18.0.2215859716_epaper.html

On March 30, the 30th anniversary of the assassination attempt on President Ronald Reagan, Jim Brady, who sustained a debilitating head wound in the attack, and his wife, Sarah, came to Capitol Hill to push for a ban on the controversial “large magazines.” Brady, for whom the law requiring background checks on handgun purchasers is named, then met with White House press secretary Jay Carney. During the meeting, President Obama dropped in and, according to Sarah Brady, brought up the issue of gun control, “to fill us in that it was very much on his agenda,” she said.

“I just want you to know that we are working on it,” Brady recalled the president telling them. “We have to go through a few processes, but under the radar.”

leonidas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2010
    Plano
    Everything he does is under the radar (except for beer summits). He even accepted his transparency award behind closed doors.

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    Actually I think the irony is that Brady was shot with a .22-revolver if I recall correctly. You'd think of all people he would get that magazine capacity is a stupid issue.

The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    Seriously, this comes up every month about some sinister plan...do you really think that in the 16 or so months leading up to the 2012 election he is going to start picking this fight? Ok, if you do, whatever...

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    That article you posted really was the author downtalking the administration and the Democrats for not doing much. In the last couple paragraphs, the Brady Campaign was quote as doing things "under the radar" and that they had the utmost confidence in the president's committment to "regulation."

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I still smile knowing that the over 320 MILLION privately owned firearms in this country are still a big **** YOU to those people. We are the largest gang in the entire world (over 80 MILLION gun owners). We've put up with them thus far, but who the hell do they think they are kidding. Keep buying guns people. The more the better.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I still smile knowing that the over 320 MILLION privately owned firearms in this country are still a big **** YOU to those people. We are the largest gang in the entire world (over 80 MILLION gun owners). We've put up with them thus far, but who the hell do they think they are kidding. Keep buying guns people. The more the better.
    +1

ftw13

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Fort Worth
    guns are a better investment than gold....if the dollar collapses the only things that will be worth anything are guns,ammo,food,supplies,gas and water.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    This is sort of "non news" isn't it? Every Lib anti-gun politician is forever trying to get gun control implemented somehow - and most of what they do daily is under the radar.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Wouldnt it be ironic if Brady were mugged and stabbed to death, because then we would have the Brady campaign for the banning of knives.

Don't laugh, the British Parliament is considering enacting a law that will require all kitchen knives to have rounded ends so that it will be difficult to use them as stabbing implements. I kid you not. And as we have seen far too often, what happens in Europe or Britain first ends up coming to America. Can anyone say political correctness?

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Strange that you mentioned kitchen knives and England...A man I met from Ireland told me that in past times in that country the British demanded that kitchen knives be chained to the table where they were used....

But changing the subject, referring to obastard as President is as ridiculous as referring to Jesse & Frank James as Bank Examiners !

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gillikenobi
    Top Bottom