• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    Howdy earthlings. I guess it’s technically good morning but I haven’t slept yet.

Winding down from working another game under the Friday night lights. A truly special time of year fraught with a lot of heartache too.

I decided to check in and take stock of where my life has been at lately. This may not be the place for it but you know me, I’m gonna do it anyway.

First, what has completely sucked this year since the start of summer:

* Hurricane Beryl ripped part of our roof off and I had gone rounds with insurance for the last 3 months

* My dog of 13 years died fairly suddenly. She was my teen’s best friend and I’ve been navigating how to help her through one of the worst moments of her young life. Not to mention everyone else’s grief which hasn’t left much space for my own.

* A good friend of mine I refereed football with died suddenly from a stroke. He was not even 60.

* September was the anniversary of a good friend deciding to take his own life and also the 16th anniversary of my dad’s passing. Both hurt a lot this year.

* Work has been subjecting us to nearly continuous layoffs and my team is dysfunctional.

* I’m not going to waste all of the bytes on it but I’m pretty sure I’m not far from going through the Big D and I don’t mean Dallas

But here’s some of the good and it’s been good:

* My kids are my life and they are both thriving in school, socially and in sports. My oldest just got into FFA and she loves it. It’s what she wants to do with her life.

* I’ve survived every work layoff so far and am on track for a promotion next year.

* I haven’t had a drink in about a month and have no desire for one.

* I am trying to quit dipping and while progress is slow, it’s happening and that is ok.

* Lost 20 pounds since the start of this year and I’m still going.

* My football crew and I are having a great season. Personally it’s the best I’ve had in years.

* I have found a sense of calmness and peace I haven’t felt in years if ever. I know life is going to be ok.

* I’m digging back into my faith and embracing it.

* There’s a whole lot more but I’m going to stop here.

Ok that was a lot, if you’re still with me, thanks for reading. I’m going to try hard not to be a stranger.

Keep your head up and keep on driving forward.

Not trying to downplay the bad but it looks like you have plenty more positivity to focus on.

Good luck anyway bud.

contender buff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    ft worth tx
    IMG_0884.jpeg

contender buff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    ft worth tx
    Howdy earthlings. I guess it’s technically good morning but I haven’t slept yet.

Winding down from working another game under the Friday night lights. A truly special time of year fraught with a lot of heartache too.

I decided to check in and take stock of where my life has been at lately. This may not be the place for it but you know me, I’m gonna do it anyway.

First, what has completely sucked this year since the start of summer:

* Hurricane Beryl ripped part of our roof off and I had gone rounds with insurance for the last 3 months

* My dog of 13 years died fairly suddenly. She was my teen’s best friend and I’ve been navigating how to help her through one of the worst moments of her young life. Not to mention everyone else’s grief which hasn’t left much space for my own.

* A good friend of mine I refereed football with died suddenly from a stroke. He was not even 60.

* September was the anniversary of a good friend deciding to take his own life and also the 16th anniversary of my dad’s passing. Both hurt a lot this year.

* Work has been subjecting us to nearly continuous layoffs and my team is dysfunctional.

* I’m not going to waste all of the bytes on it but I’m pretty sure I’m not far from going through the Big D and I don’t mean Dallas

But here’s some of the good and it’s been good:

* My kids are my life and they are both thriving in school, socially and in sports. My oldest just got into FFA and she loves it. It’s what she wants to do with her life.

* I’ve survived every work layoff so far and am on track for a promotion next year.

* I haven’t had a drink in about a month and have no desire for one.

* I am trying to quit dipping and while progress is slow, it’s happening and that is ok.

* Lost 20 pounds since the start of this year and I’m still going.

* My football crew and I are having a great season. Personally it’s the best I’ve had in years.

* I have found a sense of calmness and peace I haven’t felt in years if ever. I know life is going to be ok.

* I’m digging back into my faith and embracing it.

* There’s a whole lot more but I’m going to stop here.

Ok that was a lot, if you’re still with me, thanks for reading. I’m going to try hard not to be a stranger.
    IMG_0495.jpeg

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Keep your head up and keep on driving forward.

Not trying to downplay the bad but it looks like you have plenty more positivity to focus on.

Good luck anyway bud.

Thanks gordo, I appreciate that. I really am doing pretty well all things considered but it sure is a grind. But we were never promised an easy road.

Thanks for the prayers y’all.

Top Bottom