• ...and so much more!
  • Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    Heh. Gave me a smile.
    When we lived in WA, I had a coworker who had a koi pond at his house. The raccoons would clean it out regularly. So he installed a low hot wire around it. Same result. One of the engineers said "Put peanut butter on the wire." Guy came back a few days later with a huge smile. He had heard one loud screech the night before.
    "I think the koi are safe now."
    16538_2.jpeg

Heard you can use this fly bait mixed with a sweet soda water in a water bowl for a special drink the raccoons can't resist.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Earlier this year I think I shared a house around the corner took a lightning strike. Turned into a small fire and the FD did their thing.

Repairs started this week. Entire roof…joists, trusses, decking, shingles, all of it…removed and will be replaced. Some headers on the second floor near the strike have burn damage, so they’ll get replaced, too.

Every single square inch of carpet and drywall has been removed and will be replaced due to water damage from the FD. Essentially the house has been stripped down to the studs on both floors and concrete foundation.

Next steps will be repair the remaining damaged framing, insulate, sheetrock, add a cap and insulate it, the shingle it. Maybe a month’s worth of work. I expect the house will be dried in next week.

Top Bottom