• ...and so much more!
  • TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    I bad scalded the tops of my middle 3 fingers right hand this morning (tea kettle failure), much pain, very nominal blistering. Held under cold water for a few minutes, then sprayed on Burn Pain Relief (.05 lidocaine) and it helped for about 15 min and then the pain came back worse than ever. Wailing, crying, pain. I then realized that as the Burn spray did its thing, it also 'sealed' the skin, to keep out infection sure, but it also kept in my normal body heat and I wanted it gone!! so I filled a bowl with cool water and plunged my hand in it and within seconds - all pain was gone. Like, gone. I gently rubbed the burn spray off my fingers, took my hand out of the bowl, patted dry, and the pain didn't return. It came back once, after I went outside for a few minutes around noon, when I went back in to the cold house, no more pain. Now, 8 hrs later, as long as I avoid all heat near my hand my fingers don't hurt, still tender to the touch but that's all. Even the blistering went down.

I'm okay, just wanted to share this in case it happens to you. Cold is your friend. :)
    About 10 years ago my wife burned her eyeball with a curling iron. Maybe the burn was not as severe as yours and others described, but maybe every bit as painful.

Seemingly no permanent damage from the burn, but she had cataract surgery done a year ago and has had blurry poor vision every since.

MountainGirl

Hovering
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Big Thicket
    About 10 years ago my wife burned her eyeball with a curling iron. Maybe the burn was not as severe as yours and others described, but maybe every bit as painful.

Seemingly no permanent damage from the burn, but she had cataract surgery done a year ago and has had blurry poor vision every since.
    Ouch! Glad no permanent damage. (((hugs)))

kbaxter60

Consider the Source
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Peanut butter mixed with maple syrup to a fairly thin paste, mix in some dry dog food( small pellets work best) and some small marshmallows.
    Heh. Gave me a smile.
    When we lived in WA, I had a coworker who had a koi pond at his house. The raccoons would clean it out regularly. So he installed a low hot wire around it. Same result. One of the engineers said "Put peanut butter on the wire." Guy came back a few days later with a huge smile. He had heard one loud screech the night before.
    "I think the koi are safe now."

contender buff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    ft worth tx
    IMG_3019.jpeg

Top Bottom