• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Antifreeze is sadistic and damned irresponsible.
    It is a shitty way to die, and any critter that finds it will lap it up, including pets etc.

I had typed out a similar post, but decided not to post it.

... Probably making you a wiser man than I.

I do not poison even varmints. Instantly and humanely is my way.
    Beer does work for coons & possum.

No...I do not advocate the use of anti freeze....That was poor wording/tongue in cheek on my part.

Canned tuna will catch a cat...after thirteen raccoons have filled your trap....(you will be out of coons long before you catch your first cat in a live trap with canned tuna)

As for the dotted white lines on the interstate? They seemed to draw the armadillo....

Attachments

• 1728434941960.png
      1728434941960.png
      231.5 KB · Views: 10

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    G'mornin', folks. Just a quick drive-by to say we're almost back in Texas.

Been working to convince a family member to get out of Venice, Florida, ahead of Milton. That's in southern Sarasota County, about 55 miles south of Tampa proper. She and her husband live in a manufactured home, and were obstinate that they could ride it out. Told 'em they'd be under a mandatory evacuation well before the storm arrived, but they didn't believe me.

I flew out Sunday evening 'cause it turned out one of the hang-ups was that she no longer drives, and they have a pickup and car. I helped 'em batten down the double-wide as best we could on Monday, and then we left with them and the dog in the pickup and me driving the car.

Will be leaving Baton Rouge in a few minutes and expect that we have 5 or 6 hours to go to Houston, including traffic. We were also able to get on the road before I-75 started clogging up and stations started running out of gas. The late start Monday had us staying the night in Tallahassee, then the leg to Baton Rouge yesterday.

Just saw on the news here at the motel that Milton was a Cat 5 again with sustained winds of 160 mph with landfall expected late tonight. I'm afraid the storm surge alone is going to swamp the double-wide, but at least they--and 2-year-old the pit-bull mix--will be safe.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Mornin' y'all!

Far as I know you can't bait armadillos though you can funnel them into a trap, they tend to follow the same route in/out of their burrows, a few boards with a trap at the end mostly works.
    Raccoons love peanut butter, hotdogs, tuna, cat food, etc. but they're rough on live traps, stake it down. Cats... domestic cats are easy, feral cats are pretty hit & miss. Possums are nasty but pretty harmless, they don't seem to bother the cats and they're pretty good at keeping snakes to a minimum. Skunks are the worst, best shot from a distance.

Top Bottom