• ...and so much more!
  • Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    The cheaper side, would be to use a Dremel type tool with a smaller pilot bit. Then use the bit of the size you need for whatever it is you are putting in/through it. You can also attach some of these tools to a bench press for more precise work.

IF this will be an ongoing process, I would suggest that you invest in a Dentist's type air drill. They are much smaller and normally have a much higher rpm rate than a standard Dremel type tool. And the bits are designed for use with teeth/bone.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Can anyone here tell me how to put a small hole in badger and porcupine claws? A drill walks over it instead of drilling.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
    You have some good suggestions here.

The hot needle can be put in your drill too.

I was thinking a Dremel with an engraving bit to make an indention to get a drill bit started.

A drill press might work but them tiny bits still like to walk on uneven surfaces unless you go really slow. Probably the best long term option though.

The pilot bits Vaquero suggested do work pretty well. You can use the pilot part of a bigger bit to get started as it won't walk so bad. Then switch to a smaller bit to finish the hole.

Top Bottom