TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    The Big Town
    I’m alive

Many many trees broke and fell over
    Chickens are fine. Fences were broken
    Home is fine I’ve got power I’ve got water.
    Can’t get out of my driveway until the trees lift back up. They aren’t broken.
    Glad you are safe. Just an FYI, tree removal and fence reconstruction are covered events under homeowner policy subject to deductible. Since the fence was damage you can file a claim.

ETA: Any tools you purchase to repair and remove items can be added to claim.

thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    Good morning everyone!

Power has been out for since 4 am. Cellular data is incredibly slow today, very limited Internet surfing. Took three minutes to get the TGT page to download lotta tree damage in this area from the ice over the last couple days. Going to be spending this weekend cleaning up the trees and getting a burn pile together.

Hope everybody stay safe and warm

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Glad you are safe. Just an FYI, tree removal and fence reconstruction are covered events under homeowner policy subject to deductible. Since the fence was damage you can file a claim.

ETA: Any tools you purchase to repair and remove items can be added to claim.

Good information to have. Yes I did know that.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    I also want to once again say cordless saws etc suck when it’s cold out! I went through two batteries and still couldn’t get through my driveway. Walked to the shop and dragged out the ol sthil gas 16” two pulls fired up, cleared a path. Went to heb they didn’t have power. Got a little bit what I needed. Went to another heb 3 miles away they had power.

thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    Power is still out, looks like we lost the powerline feeding the subdivision.

63890948-18C8-460E-85B1-BB28477980DE.jpeg

Once it started to get dark and it was pretty evident that they would not be getting us back online tonight I hooked up the RV generator to the house. (yes I disconnected the CB from the grid). We are able to run the furnace, TV, modems and refrigerators off the RV. Seems to be working great.

Hopefully they will get around to us tomorrow.

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    The Big Town
    I also want to once again say cordless saws etc suck when it’s cold out! I went through two batteries and still couldn’t get through my driveway. Walked to the shop and dragged out the ol sthil gas 16” two pulls fired up, cleared a path. Went to heb they didn’t have power. Got a little bit what I needed. Went to another heb 3 miles away they had power.
    Lucky!! You have 2 H‑E‑B stores

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angee
    Top Bottom