• ...and so much more!
  • Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Made a quick trip down to matagorda to help my sister break in her new camper. Went to bed with clear skies and mild temps, woke up to gale force winds. As soon as the girls get up we're going to throw this old 4runner into 4 high and see how far we can get down the beach.

d16708c0a118080805d023b9e5b3004a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

You're not concerned the trailer could blow over?
    Be safe, have fun.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    May YOUR asshole develop taste buds for posting this.
    It is possible to chemically fool your brain into thinking your rectum has taste buds. Trust me; I know this from experience.
    Ben,

That's too cryptic for me to understand....whaaaaaaat?
    What kind of drugs caused that?
    Absolutely true story. I hope one of the medical professionals on the forum will back me up but it doesn't matter, really. This happened to me and I can still remember it like it was yesterday.

I was having a heart cath. The conversation in the cath lab:
    • Cardiologist: We're going to inject some dye into your bloodstream to help us see the blood flow in and around your heart. It will make you feel flush. It will also produce a strong metallic taste in your mouth and rectum.
    • Me: Huh?
    • Cardiologist: Yeah, you'll taste metal with both your mouth and rectum. You'll see. Just understand that however weird it feels, that's normal and you're OK.
    • Me: OK
    I didn't believe him. I didn't believe it was possible. Then they injected the dye and, sure enough, I got a strong metallic taste in my mouth. I also strongly tasted metal with my rectum. It was exactly the same sensation, just as strong, in both locations. For about a minute or a bit more, I would have sworn I had taste buds in my rectum.

BillM

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX
    Absolutely true story. I hope one of the medical professionals on the forum will back me up but it doesn't matter, really. This happened to me and I can still remember it like it was yesterday.

• Cardiologist: We're going to inject some dye into your bloodstream to help us see the blood flow in and around your heart. It will make you feel flush. It will also produce a strong metallic taste in your mouth and rectum.
    • Cardiologist: Yeah, you'll taste metal with both your mouth and rectum. You'll see. Just understand that however weird it feels, that's normal and you're OK.
    I didn't believe him. I didn't believe it was possible. Then they injected the dye and, sure enough, I got a strong metallic taste in my mouth. I also strongly tasted metal with my rectum. It was exactly the same sensation, just as strong, in both locations. For about a minute or a bit more, I would have sworn I had taste buds in my rectum.
    That almost makes me understand what she meant when my grandma would say, "That just makes my ass wanna dip snuff!", when I was a kid.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm

Ohhhhh

TMI!

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I'm wimpier. I continued to ride even after my first serious crash, after my hip healed and I could walk again. It was a car crash that convinced me to give up my bike. I always knew I could accelerate faster, stop quicker, and was far more aware of my surroundings when I was on a bike. I truly believed I would never be in a serious crash because I would see it developing and avoid it.

Then I totaled a car in a crash that wasn't my fault, a crash that started with three cars, three lanes off to my right, who all decided to crash into each other at the same time. One of them shot directly across the road and pushed the passenger door of my sister's 1977 Lincoln Continental halfway to the center console.

Afterwards, the investigating officer told me the woman who hit me was convinced she had hit the concrete center divider.

My take on the whole thing? I clearly saw it developing and happening. I knew exactly what was going to happen. But bike or car, nothing could have gotten out of the way. If I'd been on my bike, I'd be dead. I would have seen my death coming for a tenth of a second but I'd still be dead.

Never rode after that. But I still miss it.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I was thinking about getting a bike again. Just to get around town here. Not sure if I'd venture out beyond frisco or across the lake and no way in hell I'd go on 380 or 35.

But my daughter wants to learn to ride and I dont know if I can bring myself to do that.

Sold my last Intruder in 2000

Top Bottom