1632184456316.png

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    2ad22cc8cb45fb37b7c44a279d853543.jpg

FML. $1K+ or so charge to me for someone to figure out my truck has no valuables. Yes a have jimmy jammers installed, but that doesn’t keep idiots from trying.

Details. Dinner at popular local area in an upper-middle class part of time. Within 30 seconds of the active alarm notification on my phone I was at the vehicle and two rent-a-cop units were pulling up in response because the horn and lights was still going off. Off duty SAPD moonlighter responded to give me a case # for the insurance claim if I decided to go that route.

Fûcking thieves….I hate ‘em

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    2ad22cc8cb45fb37b7c44a279d853543.jpg

FML. $1K+ or so charge to me for someone to figure out my truck has no valuables. Yes a have jimmy jammers installed, but that doesn’t keep idiots from trying.

Details. Dinner at popular local area in an upper-middle class part of time. Within 30 seconds of the active alarm notification on my phone I was at the vehicle and two rent-a-cop units were pulling up in response because the horn and lights was still going off. Off duty SAPD moonlighter responded to give me a case # for the insurance claim if I decided to go that route.

Fûcking thieves….I hate ‘em
    You’ve been punched.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    You’ve been punched.

Yeah, app says alarm triggered only. Door didn’t open or it would give a second message saying door opened. I’m just glad the piece of shît didn’t have time to deploy a glass breaker. That gets real expensive real fast and dealers never get all the glass out of the door cavity so you always get a reminder when the shards slide around.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Hey TX,

'Bout 20yrs back?

We lived in town, then.

Next door neighbor's nephew (boy was "touched") was staying the weekend..

He busted the wing window out of my van, and stole my Zippo Lighter (I still smoked, but not in the house)...

Used the lighter to burn his Uncle's Shed to the GROUND.....

Oh? The point of this?

My blame van was NOT LOCKED! :banghead:

Fool wing window cost me $85....

Later, Mark

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Hey TX,

'Bout 20yrs back?

We lived in town, then.

Next door neighbor's nephew (boy was "touched") was staying the weekend..

He busted the wing window out of my van, and stole my Zippo Lighter (I still smoked, but not in the house)...

Used the lighter to burn his Uncle's Shed to the GROUND.....

Oh? The point of this?

My blame van was NOT LOCKED! :banghead:

Fool wing window cost me $85....

Later, Mark

Long ago when I was stationed in Newport RI, I drove a 1977 Monte Carlo that was super fast and had an amazing sound system. Back then the door and trunk used a different key than the ignition. One of my buddies threw my door key up on the dash and it fell down the defroster vent, so until I had a chance to take the dash apart, I left the driver‘s door unlocked. When I went out to the fleet parking lot on Saturday morning to disassemble my dash and get my key out, the first thing I noticed was the busted out passenger window. Some asshole had broken the window to open the door of my unlocked car and steal my radio. They left the amp, equalizer and speakers. The radio was nothing special and cost $50 at the Navy Exchange.

On a bright note, when they busted my dash all to hell and pulled the radio out, my door key fell down into the floorboard.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Long ago when I was stationed in Newport RI, I drove a 1977 Monte Carlo that was super fast and had an amazing sound system. Back then the door and trunk used a different key than the ignition. One of my buddies threw my door key up on the dash and it fell down the defroster vent, so until I had a chance to take the dash apart, I left the driver‘s door unlocked. When I went out to the fleet parking lot on Saturday morning to disassemble my dash and get my key out, the first thing I noticed was the busted out passenger window. Some asshole had broken the window to open the door of my unlocked car and steal my radio. They left the amp, equalizer and speakers. The radio was nothing special and cost $50 at the Navy Exchange.

On a bright note, when they busted my dash all to hell and pulled the radio out, my door key fell down into the floorboard.
    Hey TX,

You are going to love this.

Friend from High School. Lived two blocks from me.

We were in our early 20's?

He bought a '65 Vette Rag Top.

Summer in Pgh, when the mills were running? 90 degrees. 9,000% humidity.

He had a balcony on his second floor apartment.

Time was about one or two in the morning (he worked swing shift at the mill).

He was on balcony.

Jerk wad tried to steal his radio!

"Bill" PINNED the perp's FOREARM to the passenger seat with a target bolt from his cross bow!

He called, told me to walk over to take a peek....the cops came...LAUGHED HYSTERICALLY!

Perp was whimpering! LOL

Did make a bit of a mess.....

Later, Mark

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Were gonna set the goal early again. We had/will have about 30 extra posts today.

Tuesdays goal is 241905

We still need 8 more posts tonight to get to the starting point.

Top Bottom