• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KJQ6945

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Ben Wheeler
    Used to be able to get it done so cheap it wasn't worth messing with yourself.

Now days you may not even be able to get someone out to give you a quote.
    You speak the truth. The world is broken, and it’s hard to get anything done nowadays. My flooring was supposed to be installed on the 27th of May. It might clear customs today. :mad:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Used to be able to get it done so cheap it wasn't worth messing with yourself.

Now days you may not even be able to get someone out to give you a quote.

Very true. A couple of years ago, we needed some roof repair done from some storm damage. I called a couple of places to come out and give me a quote. Neither one showed up and never even bothered to give me a call saying they wouldn't or couldn't come by. I didn't even bother trying to call them back to reschedule.

Wife found a guy to do the work, and he quoted me a pretty low price, and I was a bit hesitant, but hired him. The third day, I told him to stop and leave. He was going to use used materials to make the repairs! I ended up doing the repairs myself and saving a lot of money, but my back paid for that.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Neighbor got himself a new Infinity SUV, all the options and a hitch. He’s borrowed another guy’s 12ft utility trailer to pick up some trees and shrubs and is now busy getting the whole contraption buried axle deep in the mud pit of a drainage behind us.

I’d take pictures, but his son is standing there telling him he’s stuck and the wife is yelling at him to ‘just rock it back and forth or something.’

This is going to be entertaining.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Neighbor got himself a new Infinity SUV, all the options and a hitch. He’s borrowed another guy’s 12ft utility trailer to pick up some trees and shrubs and is now busy getting the whole contraption buried axle deep in the mud pit of a drainage behind us.

I’d take pictures, but his son is standing there telling him he’s stuck and the wife is yelling at him to ‘just rock it back and forth or something.’

Pictures? We need video!

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Apparently the SUV is hers and she wants to know how he plans to unfûck this shîtshow. Or words to that effect.

He’s drug out a little lawn cart to offload the trailer.

Seems like the tongue jack did some ditch digging on the downhill side while he just kept on the gas pedal on the uphill side. Hope he didn’t damage that jack.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas

I couldn't watch that. I'd have to help.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I couldn't watch that. I'd have to help.

My conscience is clean. He was warned that with all the rain we’ve had it was going to get stuck. But his yankee àss response was that he’s got 4WD, no way he’ll have a problem.

They’ve since downloaded the trailer, got it unhitched, and the SUV out of the low part of the drainage.

1841100d179f0acea1d4baea925e9c6a.jpg

It’s hard to see here, but there’s now 30’+ ruts that’re going to erode away, but it’ll be toward his property line at least.

Top Bottom