• Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Never get out of the boat.

That way you avoid tigers and there smaller cousins ticks! Had I stayed in a boat maybe I would not have Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever (RMSF) - my surprise news from my doctor's nurse today. She told me yesterday they mailed me all of my recent test results so I assumed they were all negative. Then today she calls me to stutter and mumble that the doc got additional results today and I have RMSF.

At least now I know why I felt better only for a short while after all the antibiotics I got in the ER a couple of weeks or so ago because I was miserable for months with fatigue, pains, headaches, weakness, and on and on. I guess what they gave me for what they said was a UTI it killed off the RMSF some but not all and then about a week later my symptoms started to come back - so back to the doc I went. She ran a lot of blood tests and such after I asked if maybe I had something in addition to the UTI that the antibiotics only partially killed off and now it was coming back. She agreed and ran the tests, a lot of them for everything from COVID-19 to syphilis to Lyme Disease to RMSF, to hepatitis to HIV and so on.

Only two antibiotics are effective against RMSF - the one I just got tonight - doxyclycline and some other one but doxycycline is the best. Now, I am in for 20 days of the stuff although had the pharmacist not been on her toes, I would have gotten 400 pills instead of the 40 I was supposed to get; that would have been enough for 200 days. Whatever, I am quite happy they found out what has been bothering me since at least October - maybe for as long as over a year more - and maybe the reason for my recently discovered heart condition. Now that they figured it out and have prescribed the correct antibiotic I hope it will kill it off and I will make a full recovery.

Mills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2020
    Texas
    I had a whopping .60 of rain today, we did manage to have a 5 hr power outage.
    The power outage put a kink in my reloading today , it’s like Carlsbad caverns in shop with no lights.

Mills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2020
    Texas
    Coffee, need coffee.
    giphy.gif

Top Bottom