Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I just went to a convenience store and the cashier told me "That'll be 86 cents." I handed her a dollar bill.

She must have hit the wrong button on her cash register, possibly clearing it, because she proceeded to fiddle with it and mutter to herself for 15 to 20 seconds, clearly frustrated. Then she left the register, went somewhere behind it, and came back with a calculator. She plopped it on the counter and started punching numbers. Eventually, she said "14 cents. OK." to no one in particular. She punched a button or two on the register, the cash drawer opened, and she gave me my USD$0.14 in change.

I expect very little but sometimes even that is too much, I guess. It was a truly depressing encounter.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I just went to a convenience store and the cashier told me "That'll be 86 cents." I handed her a dollar bill.

She must have hit the wrong button on her cash register, possibly clearing it, because she proceeded to fiddle with it and mutter to herself for 15 to 20 seconds, clearly frustrated. Then she left the register, went somewhere behind it, and came back with a calculator. She plopped it on the counter and started punching numbers. Eventually, she said "14 cents. OK." to no one in particular. She punched a button or two on the register, the cash drawer opened, and she gave me my USD$0.14 in change.

I expect very little but sometimes even that is too much, I guess. It was a truly depressing encounter.
    I would bet she's a high school graduate too. I'm amazed how even "simple math" is difficult for the high school graduates I have to deal with.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    It was a truly depressing encounter.
    I'm not very good at math (translated to sometimes just lazy) and it depresses me too Ben. This is just elementary math so I often leave wondering what other struggles life presents to them.

Hand 'em $21.05 for a $16.05 purchase.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Jeemuh fuggin eez, at 9yrs old they want more laws!!!

‘Gender neutral’ plan for toys would get rid of boys’ and girls’ aisles in California stores

A spokeswoman for Low’s office said that inspiration for the bill came from the 9-year-old daughter of one of Low’s staffers. The child told Low that she didn’t like how boy and girl sections were separated and that he should make a law against that.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/politic...xuZa4bIVmUI174Bz-mVxep4ndlWlDm_JMSiOksGBijU2U

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Morning all, beautiful out. 52 deg and climbing. As soon as the cook gets up and we have breakfast going flea marketing. Might try to sneak in a little shooting.
    Imagine how happy cookie would be if you made breakfast.

Dad made my step mom dinner once, chili & tuna; he was summarily banned from the kitchen.
    Not sure if accidental or intentional, he was pretty dang smart though. :evil:

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Imagine how happy cookie would be if you made breakfast.

Dad made my step mom dinner once, chili & tuna; he was summarily banned from the kitchen.
    Not sure if accidental or intentional, he was pretty dang smart though. :evil:

I was getting up and cooking breakfast and she kinda took it over. I'm not rocking that apple cart

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Once at the store I purchased a new to me flavored drink. They came three for a dollar. I did not want three. Just one.
    When setting the drink on the counter the cashier person says, You know those are three for a dollar right?
    I replied I am only buying one to try the beverage out. One is all I want for now.
    Cashier person did not know how to ring this up. Had to call a manager.
    Oy.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    Jeemuh fuggin eez, at 9yrs old they want more laws!!!

‘Gender neutral’ plan for toys would get rid of boys’ and girls’ aisles in California stores

A spokeswoman for Low’s office said that inspiration for the bill came from the 9-year-old daughter of one of Low’s staffers. The child told Low that she didn’t like how boy and girl sections were separated and that he should make a law against that.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/politic...xuZa4bIVmUI174Bz-mVxep4ndlWlDm_JMSiOksGBijU2U
    Always a law with these leftists.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Well appears I missed morning before getting near an Internet connected device. Afternoon y'all, Happy Leap Day.

Did manage to 'whomp up,' as my grandad would say, some breakfast burritos. Essentially deluxe scrambled eggs in a tortilla with cheese.

RFC; would packed sand be adequate to act as a mandrel to straighten 4" aluminum tubing (.125" wall) or do I need to make one from wood or find pipe? It has a slight taper and trying not to get too involved.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Sad day here.
    One of our old dogs died this morning. We’ve had him for 11yrs. Plain old age took him. He was the daughters dog. She has been gone from home for some years now. Finished up taking care of that just now.
    1D78D010-85E6-4107-95F3-E058A5A2D530.jpeg

Attachments

• 1D78D010-85E6-4107-95F3-E058A5A2D530.jpeg
      1D78D010-85E6-4107-95F3-E058A5A2D530.jpeg
      12.5 KB · Views: 440
    Top Bottom