• ...and so much more!
  • kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Mornin!.... Coffee!

The last time I heard the term alluvial gold was when I was thinking about panning on the John Day river in Oregon in the 80's.
    That is gorgeous country. I spent one night in the town of John Day. That is one weird state, though. You have to let "attendants" pump your gas. I pulled into a TINY station in the middle of nowhere and thought "surely, I will pump mine here". Nope, out came a HS aged kid and he handled it. Am I supposed to tip?

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    That is gorgeous country. I spent one night in the town of John Day. That is one weird state, though. You have to let "attendants" pump your gas. I pulled into a TINY station in the middle of nowhere and thought "surely, I will pump mine here". Nope, out came a HS aged kid and he handled it. Am I supposed to tip?
    It is strange and beautiful.

A year ago or so they were changing the law and people were freaking out. Many had never pumped their own gas and acted like a professional had to do it.

You could pump your own diesel though.

The homeless situation is out of control too.

ETA: everything there smells like marijuana.

Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    That is one weird state, though. You have to let "attendants" pump your gas.
    I think the first time I had a credit card number stolen was the first time I let an attendant fill my tank in Oregon. The next month, I'm back home in Texas and that card had been charged up to the limit. According to my statement, I had spent the previous month flying back and forth between Portland, San Francisco, Seattle, and LA. Obviously, this was way before 9/11.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ETA: everything there smells like marijuana.
    First time I ever noticed that was a small town in Colorado, ~10 years ago. Half the retail staff I encountered was using. My hotel manager was baked 100% of the time. At the local laundromat, "farmers" openly discussed how their "crops" were doing, within easy hearing distance of anyone.

Perhaps I was naive but the complete openness of it all was a bit of a surprise.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Come'on Friday!
    tenor.gif

Attachments

• tenor.gif
      tenor.gif
      78.6 KB · Views: 252

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    I think the first time I had a credit card number stolen was the first time I let an attendant fill my tank in Oregon. The next month, I'm back home in Texas and that card had been charged up to the limit. According to my statement, I had spent the previous month flying back and forth between Portland, San Francisco, Seattle, and LA. Obviously, this was way before 9/11.
    It sounds like you had a great time! :boom:

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    First time I ever noticed that was a small town in Colorado, ~10 years ago. Half the retail staff I encountered was using. My hotel manager was baked 100% of the time. At the local laundromat, "farmers" openly discussed how their "crops" were doing, within easy hearing distance of anyone.

Perhaps I was naive but the complete openness of it all was a bit of a surprise.
    I don't touch the stuff but went into a few stores just to see what it was like.

It was eye opening. I didn't realize the extent of the product line.

The clerk also showed me the difference between the pre-rolls (joints). They had a few different levels from "if you have to go to work", casual weekday, and party time.

And yes, the people are very open about it.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I ... went into a few stores ...
    And yes, the people are very open about it.
    If you went into stores, that must have been after the stuff was legalized under state law. I'd expect them to be open about it.

I was commenting on how open and obvious the marijuana culture was while it was still illegal under every jurisdiction.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    If you went into stores, that must have been after the stuff was legalized under state law. I'd expect them to be open about it.

I was commenting on how open and obvious the marijuana culture was while it was still illegal under every jurisdiction.
    Oh, yeah. It was a year ago. All legal.

Top Bottom