Lynx Defense

NRA Annual Meeting - Post your impressions, pics, etc.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I'm dragging a large, wheeled laptop case. If you don't bring something, all the free swag bags in the world won't save your back, shoulders, arms and hands.

That is, unless you have enough self-control to not pick up any brochures...which I don't think applies to any of us. ;)
    Lynx Defense

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I'm walking around with a dark blue jansport backpack and a grey shirt with John Moses Brownings face on it.

Finally got the Remington +2 mag extension that I've been searching day and night for. So glad I didn't cave and buy another brand. It was even discounted down to $45!!

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Highlite for me, Cabot Gun Co. booth 2966. Brian Zins is VERY approchable and happy to answer all questions. If you haven't been by there it's well worth the effort.

Last edited:

Lady Blue

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Denton County
    I got the chance to visit with the folks from both BLACKHAWK and Safariland. Very informative people at both booths. No doubt both companies will soon be helping me part company with my hard earned paycheck. Had a great time now its off to spend some downtime with a few old friends.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Highlite for me, Cabot Gun Co. booth 2966. Brian Zins is VERY approchable and happy to answer all questions. If you haven't been by there it's well worth the effort.
    Great guy. I was lucky enough to spend a few days with him and his coach at their clinic last year.

After they had watched me shoot for a couple of days, I mentioned something about the club where I competed. I'll never forget both of them saying, in almost the same words at the same time: "You compete? You shouldn't do that. You're not good enough to actually compete." ;)

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Saturday Show Report

will be written tomorrow. The GRB is closing and I'm headed to dinner with the crew. By the time I get home I'll be too tired to speak coherently, much less edit photos and write. I've also managed to walk the whole show, see all I want to see, and spend money like a drunken sailor. Result? I'm not coming back tomorrow.

Trueno

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    Golden Triangle
    piercemshirt5866_zpsb85b8391.jpg

saw this shirt, kinda cool.

Trueno

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    Golden Triangle
    nra5867_zps7158fbb5.jpg

nra5870_zps6292f399.jpg

nra5868_zpsa7a8bd8d.jpg

nra5877_zps211abc25.jpg

Weird polymer frame from EAA, asked if it was luminous and the rep said no.

nra5882_zpsd04497e6.jpg

EAA's race gun, barrel etc can be swapped in seconds to change calibers.

nra5880_zpscf215fac.jpg

Last edited:

Buckles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Cypress, TX
    Left about an hour ago. It was a really cool show. Didn't even get close to seeing everything. Didn't get there till I got off work so I only had a few hours there. Left with a bunch of free swag and a new hogue main spring housing for my sig and some surefire ear pros.

At the rooftop box at the Astros game now. We are sucking it up on the field. At least the first half of the day was good lol.

Buckles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Cypress, TX
    I watching that lady for the company with that yellow vault kick those kids out. Lol. She was like " this is a $25000 vault. It's not for standing in."

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    There is a lot to be said about the people attending this event.

First, everyone was courteous and polite, unlike many gun shows. Vendors who had been asked the same question probably a thousand times were still responding today like you were the only person in the room even though they had to be tired, cranky, etc.

Second, the type of folks attending. I noticed yesterday that a large number of guns on display had their magazines, today they still had them. Says something about the character of the crowd that they had not been slipped into swag bags and stolen.

Our second full day at the show was a good as the first. Will probably not spend as much time on the exhibition floor tomorrow, but don't expect any of the above to change.

Buckles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Cypress, TX
    Forgot to mention. The guys at Hogue were great. I had asked about a product and they didn't have it in their catalog but they ended up finding one in the stock of stuff they brought. They gave me a great deal on it and threw in a cleaning may too.

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    I went with a few friends, yesterday. Had a great time. We were there ~7 hours and didn't see everything. We saw some very nice firearms. i wanted to listen to more of Wayne LaPierre's speech, but my buddy's wanted to finish seeing the rest of the show. Could have used a cold beer, while we were there. Of course I probably would have bought a lot more stuff at the NRA store. LOL.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    A friend called me tonight to say that he took his grandsons. They didn't seem too excited until they actually started walking around and began to see all the cool stuff. An excellent time was had by all.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    There is a lot to be said about the people attending this event.

First, everyone was courteous and polite, unlike many gun shows. Vendors who had been asked the same question probably a thousand times were still responding today like you were the only person in the room even though they had to be tired, cranky, etc.

Second, the type of folks attending. I noticed yesterday that a large number of guns on display had their magazines, today they still had them. Says something about the character of the crowd that they had not been slipped into swag bags and stolen.

Our second full day at the show was a good as the first. Will probably not spend as much time on the exhibition floor tomorrow, but don't expect any of the above to change.

Someone told me that they had set their phone down on a counter to get an autograph and forgot it. Went back too hours later and it was still there.

Top Bottom