• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I wonder how many on this forum, as an adult, have "written a letter" with pen/pencil and paper within the last 10 yrs (other than for a school assignment)? Seems we have all gone to scanning, printing, keying in, copy & paste, etc. since we have the opportunity (and why not?). It's been several years since I have. I just hope I don't forget how. Just curious.
    Target Sports

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    I've written one or two over the last twenty or so years. But due a rather debilitating injury I received that left me with some paralysis and loss of some fine motor skills, the keyboard is Much easier than writing. And a WHOLE lot more legible too.

But I do still have a notebook I write in for my personal musings and haikus and such.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Very seldom. Last real letters I wrote were in '03 during basic training.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I write short notes and such all the time. Mostly for work.
    An actual multi page written letter I haven't done since my Grandmother passed some years ago. She loved getting them.
    Every once in a while I'll write something in a B-day card, baby card, get well card, etc.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    I send hand written letters via snail mail to politicians.

I feel it makes a bigger impact instead a of a list of e-mail notes listed, easily selected and then deleted by an intern.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I wonder how many on this forum, as an adult, have "written a letter" with pen/pencil and paper within the last 10 yrs (other than for a school assignment)? Seems we have all gone to scanning, printing, keying in, copy & paste, etc. since we have the opportunity (and why not?). It's been several years since I have. I just hope I don't forget how. Just curious.

Regularly

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    I do. The wife likes to get them so I send her real letters when I can. I see her every night but sometimes when I am away on business I fire one off. Tell her how my day went miss her etc. she loves it. It's fun.

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    Last year, a friend of mine that lives in the UK now and I began to write actual letters to each other....it didn't last long though as we talked a lot on facebook messenger. A few years ago, I had no money to buy christmas gifts, so I wrote my mom a hand written poem thanking her for everything she has done to raise me.

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I send hand-written letters to a friend who still works at one of my former companies. She thinks it's 'cute.' I have also sent hand-written letters to Harry "Pinkie" Reid letting him know just how big of an asshole (politically correctly put) he is, ESPECIALY after his last mentally deficient B.S. in Congress calling all the people sharing their Obuttfuckcare missteps "liars." THAT one I was NOT politically correct and even though that kind of thing isn't usually "correct form" when contacting an elected representative, it made me feel a whole LOT better letting him know that I think he's lower than whale shit.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Thanks for all the input. I probably should write more letters and notes now that I've got a little more time. The problem with my writing is that it looks so bad that sometimes it hard to figure out what language it's written in! I do still write notes on birthday and Christmas cards and intend to write more handwritten letters in the future.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Thanks for all the input. I probably should write more letters and notes now that I've got a little more time. The problem with my writing is that it looks so bad that sometimes it hard to figure out what language it's written in! I do still write notes on birthday and Christmas cards and intend to write more handwritten letters in the future.

LOL!! Me too. You should see the look on my wife's face trying to read my grocery list!!!

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I haven't hand written a letter in years. Ever since all my pens and pencils were lost in a terrible boating accident a few years back. :o I do sign greeting cards, birthday cards, etc., and even a check now and then. The hardest thing for me to do is address an envelope so that it is legible.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    The art of Penmanship is alive and well in the Sapper household. I refuse to use text-ese or ebonics in posts to online forums, facebook, or emails and forcing oneself to actually sit down and put pen to paper refreshes the lessons we were taught over 50 years ago. Never under-estimate the power of a hand-written letter! I've had two major issues in the past, one with American Airlines and one with J.C. Penney. I got nowhere with either company through the normal channels of emails and phone calls but one hand-written letter to the CEOs of those two companies got me instant action. Don Carty (former CEO of AA) handled my complaint promptly by issuing a refund for the tickets I purchased AND giving me an open pass for anywhere AA flies. Ron Johnson (former CEO of J.C. Penney) wiped out the outstanding balance and gave my wife and I our window treatments for simply the deposit we put on them, a saving of several thousand dollars. Cursive is where it's at my friends!

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Can't say I've written a letter, except to forward a complaint with Direct TV to one of their departments which you could not contact via any other method (or at least, nobody would give any contact info except for a mailing address). That worked out for us, but I'm guessing that is their way of minimizing their claims for this - "only the people who are really pissed are going to actually write a letter, so if they write, we'll give them what they want. If they don't, they lose out."

Other than that, I will write an occasional love note to the old lady and a always write my little to do lists and reminders on index cards that I have sitting prominently on my desk.

Top Bottom