• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Did anyone hear him blast the Tea Party on the Senate floor yesterday and make fun of Sharon Angle and Christine O'Donnell?

He is firing on his own!!!

He has become a liberal old man that seems to have dementia.

Please retire.​
    Lynx Defense

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    He's a rino. Always has been. By that I mean he's a communist and the Tea Party is on the far side of the party from him. I want him to blast the Tea Party because it shows everyone that a left republican is no better than a left democrat. He it also scared because the tea party is becoming more powerful than the democrat and republican parties combined. When it does it will be able to save America from the politicians.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Did anyone hear him blast the Tea Party on the Senate floor yesterday and make fun of Sharon Angle and Christine O'Donnell?

He is firing on his own!!!

Please retire.​

He's a RINO. Didn't surprise me at all.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    On a related note, here is the Libertarian Party's newsletter on the debt subject sent out yesterday:

Libertarians say 'no' to raising debt limit

WASHINGTON - As Republicans and Democrats in Washington continue chewing the scenery in their 'Debt Limit Theater,' Libertarian Party Chair Mark Hinkle released the following statement today:

"Everything I've heard from Washington politicians about the debt limit is nonsense. I propose the simplest option: Do nothing. Don't raise the debt limit, period.

"None of the deals I've heard would do anything to cut federal spending. Some reduce the rate of growth a little bit, but I'm afraid that doesn't count.

"And of course, some of the proposals would increase taxes, which Libertarians are totally opposed to.

"The best outcome would be no deal at all. If the debt limit is not raised, then the federal government will have to cut its spending by over 40%. That would be the best outcome for the future of America, and it's certainly the preferred outcome for Libertarians. (It reminds me of the World's Smallest Political Quiz, produced by the Advocates for Self-Government, which includes the libertarian option to 'Cut taxes and government spending by 50% or more.')

"I'm actually shocked at how resistant both the Republicans and Democrats are to making cuts. I wasn't expecting much, but their proposals are downright embarrassing.

"For example, consider Speaker Boehner's plan. According to the Cato Institute, the Boehner plan doesn't cut spending. It just sets the spending increases slightly below the imaginary Congressional Budget Office (CBO) 'baseline.'

"According to the CBO report released yesterday, the Boehner plan has practically no effect on the deficit in 2012, the only year that really matters. In fact, the Boehner plan actually increases Pell Grant spending by $4 billion in 2012. (So does the Reid plan in the Senate.)

"Of course, the Reid plan largely takes advantage of massive errors in the CBO baseline to claim 'cuts.' (For example, the CBO predicts absurdly high levels of spending for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.)

"As usual, Republicans and Democrats are trying to create the illusion of a high-stakes game between two vastly different visions. In fact, their visions are practically identical. I hope Americans will see through all the smoke, and consider the Libertarian option to make real reductions in the size and scope of government, across the board."

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Boehner's new plan doesn't even cut anything. It just sets up a committee to look at cuts in the future. It's ridiculous. I can see why they're all revolting and not supporting it.

There's no need to default on our debts even without lifting the debt ceiling. Just stop spending and close some stuff down. If they want to talk 14th amendment, my interpretation is that if Obama fails to make the debt payments but keeps paying entitlement programs then he just violated the Constitution and should be impeached.

If you want small government just don't raise the ceiling. If will force cuts not defaults, unless Obama violates the Constitution. The House could easily impeach him, but the Senate wouldn't find him guilty I'm sure.

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano

In the last election, you had two very similar candidates. McCain has never been a conservative, that is why I started the last election cycle saying I would vote for anyone but McCain or Clinton. I voted for McCain for 1 reason only: The appointment of Supreme Court Justices.

mikeofcontex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Midlothian, TX
    He claimed that the Tea Party was going to guarantee the re-election of Obama. Someone commented that he had more experience than anyone guaranteeing the election of Obama.

leonidas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2010
    Plano
    The GOP should be divided. The Democrats should be divided too. I think the Tea Party is growing because Americans who want their freedoms back are waking up to the fact that both sides are nothing more than two Oligarchies with the same end game of power.

McCain is nothing but a crank. I hated the guy when he was my senator. He is the reason I will no longer vote for the lesser of two evils.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    The only respect I give that man is for his service to his country, but as a politician I've always wished he'd just join the Democrat party and get it over with....

jgalvanatx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2011
    Austin, TX
    The Tea Party was hijacked by neocons. If you really want limited government, support Ron Paul. I'm kind of sick of all the small government rhetoric by people who don't seem to know what it means. Rick Perry and the rest of them are more of the same old business as usual. Just look at our job growth in Texas this year. 20% growth in the public sector and 9% in the private sector is not anything to brag about.

Top Bottom