• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Just wanted to share some of my OC experiences where they may make a difference to my community. I'm seeing a lot of signs not in compliance. I'm typically one to cause a scene but haven't thus far and don't plan to on this issue.

Almost every gas station I have been to/neat has a 30.07 sign. There's a cheveron at 1604/kitty hawk that has a door on either side of the building. I walked in from the north side and the lady said it wasn't allowed. I asked her to show me a sign and she took me out the opposite side. I told her they needed one at the side I entered from as well. It's been 6 weeks. No sign on that side yet...

Yesterday at whole foods. Blanco/1604
    f2e770048676d46473890ec3eaedf550.jpg

Can you read that sign? I couldn't until i was at the door. I kindly spoke with the manager and told him his sign is not to code and its frustrating to get all the way to the door before I can even KIND OF see a sign. He said he would alert cooperate as they make the signs.

Same quality sign at sprout's 282/Donella and every HEB I have been to...

Trader Joes has a sign that I'd white one black but hard to read. Couldn't read it from my car.

Taco cabana at Pat booker/kitty hawk in universal city
    7c390a5abe3d0b8dd54f4c855e0b10a9.jpg

Fair enough, though not legal. Small and unreadable at a distance, but I conceled at the door because my family and I were planning to sit and eat some tacos.

How have your experiences been with signage?
    Venture Surplus ad

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    At the point you are asked to leave it does not matter what signs are up or if there are no signs. leave your you are a criminal

Thegomezclan

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2010
    Kerrville Tx
    Good thing I can find everything I need in Kerrville and Amazon. Hell even when I was in Oklahoma last weekend every place I went to to didn't have any "no guns allowed" signs.

nero14

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Come to think of it, I've never actually seen anyone OC in San Antonio.

Sent from my Huawei Honor 5X using Tapatalk

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Seems S.A. is destined to play a prominent role in the history of Tejas.
    Might be another big battle fought there, eventually.

nero14

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Have you gotten any crap for OCing in SA?

Taurus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    My Room
    Not at all. No run in with the cops (yet) and folks seems relaxed with me. Some even shook my hand. Walmart didn't even asked for my ID nor anyone else as a matter of fact.

Now I wonder if I'm being an idiot for OCing and be first taken out and all that when SHTF. I'm always aware of my surroundings though but that's no guarantee for my safety. I OCed because it's more comfortable and quicker to draw. Also my arm's always blocking it while I do things with my left hand but I'm right handed.

Then again there'll be areas where I won't OC but concealed.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Well it seems you live in or visit the same side of town I'm on. I haven't seen but a few people OC. I just bought an OWB holster. So maybe I will give it a go just for comfort or to sport a larger capacity pistol.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

nero14

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Do you ever visit city parks? I imagine this wouldn't be smart to OC in a park but I ask because I was ticketed and disarmed a couple years ago for concealing in a park. Took it to court, was dismissed, but the police and the city never gave a consistent answer on whether they prohibited it.

Park police said it depended on who was supervising.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Good thing I can find everything I need in Kerrville and Amazon. Hell even when I was in Oklahoma last weekend every place I went to to didn't have any "no guns allowed" signs.

Yep!! Lots of OC and not one sign at any of the restaurants or shops we went to as well.

Do you ever visit city parks? I imagine this wouldn't be smart to OC in a park but I ask because I was ticketed and disarmed a couple years ago for concealing in a park......

I am curious and not mocking, but how did the park police notice your concealed gun?

Last edited:

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Yep!! Lots of OC and not one sign at any of the restaurants or shops we went to as well.

I am curious and not mocking, but how did the park police notice your concealed gun?
    I was wondering that as well.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Have you gotten any crap for OCing in SA?

Haven't gotten any crap at all aside from the one cheveron that didn't have a sign on both entrances.
    Well it seems you live in or visit the same side of town I'm on. I haven't seen but a few people OC. I just bought an OWB holster. So maybe I will give it a go just for comfort or to sport a larger capacity pistol.

I've seen 2 people open carry now. One guy had a 1911 on his side at a library at Judson/nacogdoches.

The second I saw was at Moe's in live oak. I think he was carrying a hipoint 380 or 9. I giggled that it was a hipoint t but glad to see he was carrying with his wife and kids

Do you ever visit city parks? I imagine this wouldn't be smart to OC in a park but I ask because I was ticketed and disarmed a couple years ago for concealing in a park. Took it to court, was dismissed, but the police and the city never gave a consistent answer on whether they prohibited it.

Park police said it depended on who was supervising.

I frequent the park by my house without issue. Also have been to Macalester park. No issues there.

Top Bottom