• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Typically, someone has to jump on the grenade..
    A pro gun organization, or anyone with the resources can form a team of lawyers and someone willing to go armed, and attempt to get in. There needs to be an "injured party". So when that person is ejected/trespassed/arrested, etc, he becomes that injured party. The legal team then takes action.
    I'd be shocked if some group or another down here doesn't have just such a plan in place. Though it would be nice to know, so we could have someone to rally behind, donate, volunteer, whatever is needed.
    If this isn't in the works, why not? Who do we ask? As people here like to remind me, I'm a foreigner, and as such I don't have the contacts here that I did back there. TSRA? A national group?

Yes, but you're not the one I wanted the answer from. We have a frequent would-be rabble rouser who often declares action (sometimes drastic) that "we" need to take, but never offers any semblance of a plan and never intends to do anything himself.

ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    Yes, but you're not the one I wanted the answer from. We have a frequent would-be rabble rouser who often declares action (sometimes drastic) that "we" need to take, but never offers any semblance of a plan and never intends to do anything himself.
    Sounds like a great grenade sponge to me... A retired gentleman, with the means to get along while the lawsuit drags on. Perhaps we have a volunteer?

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    My wife absolutely loves the fair, and I'm cool with it…plus The Boys love it. We get passes every year and go quite often.

At any rate, here’s my random thought after spending a chunk of the weekend there:
    - I felt more of an LEO presence overall
    - it would be incredibly easy to bring anything into the fair, just hide it in a stroller…which they direct to bypass the metal detectors… they literally don’t even check them

Honestly the program to enter with a stroller hasn’t been thought-out at all. If weapons in the fair is a legitimate concern, this massive blind spot needs to be addressed.

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    Has the SFOT stated what they will do if a LTC holder shows up armed and refuses to leave?

Has the SFOT stated what they will do if they are sued by those who become victims of assault, car theft, or other crimes that, had the victims been armed, could have been prevented?

Has the SFOT stated what they will do if they are sued by those whose civil and constitutional rights are violated by being disarmed without due process or legislation!?
    I can give you a preview, having tried the same thing for a government owned venue (Cowboys Stadium) for a non-prohibited event (non-professional, non-scholastic sporting exhibition). The private security will wand you and upon discovering that you are carrying a handgun will refuse to let you enter. So you'll be standing outside the Fair until you get tired and leave. I suppose you could assault the security and try to force your way into the venue, at which time I expect the police would arrest you for battery.

ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    I can give you a preview, having tried the same thing for a government owned venue (Cowboys Stadium) for a non-prohibited event (non-professional, non-scholastic sporting exhibition). The private security will wand you and upon discovering that you are carrying a handgun will refuse to let you enter. So you'll be standing outside the Fair until you get tired and leave. I suppose you could assault the security and try to force your way into the venue, at which time I expect the police would arrest you for battery.
    Or, bring a film crew and a lawyer.

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    Or, bring a film crew and a lawyer.
    Where they can film me waiting outside until they get tired and then my lawyer can file suit for the refund of my $9 ticket. :rolleyes:

BTW: I wrote a letter to the Arlington City attorney and they said to pound sand. I didn't bother to follow up with AG Paxton because his recently repudiated opinion was cited by the City Attorney at the time.

ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    Where they can film me waiting outside until they get tired and then my lawyer can file suit for the refund of my $9 ticket. :rolleyes:

BTW: I wrote a letter to the Arlington City attorney and they said to pound sand. I didn't bother to follow up with AG Paxton because his recently repudiated opinion was cited by the City Attorney at the time.
    It's a place to start. Legally, there must be an injured party.

Top Bottom