• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    It's simpler than that. The state can simply take themselves out of the enforcement of 'rules of conduct' on private property through criminal trespass. You can put up a sign saying 'no guns' or 'no pink undershorts' but if someone walks past it concealed carrying or wearing pink boxers and you find out about it after they leave, the state isn't going to do anything about it. That's not what trespass law is for anyway. And effectively that's the way it works now anyway. For public property, the operator of the property should not be able to physically prevent you from carrying. They already can't trespass you, but the State needs to enforce the rules against exclusion of LTC on public property leased to private operators. But they don't.

<>

My point was that we have two types of private property:

I was not addressing the current issue, i was just making a general comment on the Law.

One which is kept private, as a home, and which deserves strict private property rights.

&

Another which is used by the Public, onto which the Public is invited or even solicited, maybe charged to enter. This type should not be able to demand that the public surrender their constitutional rights as a condition of entry. If you have noticed, many of our rights cannot be deprived by entry onto such property; why should our 2A be treated differently ?

This issue has come up here before, and many disagree with me while others have differing ideas. I’m just saying that this should be clarified up-front.

As to the State Fair; it should follow the law, not be exempt because some disagree with the law.

O/W, what is the purpose of laws ?

<>

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    <>

I was not addressing the current issue, i was just making a general comment on the Law.

One which is kept private, as a home, and which deserves strict private property rights.

&

Another which is used by the Public, onto which the Public is invited or even solicited, maybe charged to enter. This type should not be able to demand that the public surrender their constitutional rights as a condition of entry. If you have noticed, many of our rights cannot be deprived by entry onto such property; why should our 2A be treated differently ?

This issue has come up here before, and many disagree with me while others have differing ideas. I’m just saying that this should be clarified up-front.

As to the State Fair; it should follow the law, not be exempt because some disagree with the law.

<>
    They should only have the right to ask you to leave. By posting no guns they are endangering everyone

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    They should only have the right to ask you to leave. By posting no guns they are endangering everyone

<>

Exactly, as to that part of the issue.

We have another very malignant system here in the Trans-Sabine; in which permit holders are burdened by felony threats over innocent actions which would not be felony level for those who don’t have permits. This is just NUTS, and clearly legislators are bowing to industry lobbyists instead of serving their own constituent-Citizens.

<>

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    It’s now been brought forth to the Texas Supreme Court for temporary injunction relief.

Of interesting note in the brief was a reference to Bruen and that the SFOT has allowed firearms for 138 yrs with full knowledge by the city of Dallas and therefore Bruen would make it hard to see a historical analogue for a history of banning firearms.

IMG_3597.png

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    <>

Exactly, as to that part of the issue.

We have another very malignant system here in the Trans-Sabine; in which permit holders are burdened by felony threats over innocent actions which would not be felony level for those who don’t have permits. This is just NUTS, and clearly legislators are bowing to industry lobbyists instead of serving their own constituent-Citizens.

<>
    What are those threats? There are no felony level offenses that only apply to LTC holders by virtue of their license.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    <>

&

<>
    Agree completely, although most on this board do not.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    What are those threats? There are no felony level offenses that only apply to LTC holders by virtue of their license.

<>

Different State, similar principes.

see: “We have another very malignant system here in the Trans-Sabine”

I have lived in LA since 2008, but economically & politically, LA is sort of an appendage to Texas.

If Texas ever secedes, most of us want to go with Texas.

<>

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    <>

Different State, similar principes.

see: “We have another very malignant system here in the Trans-Sabine”

I have lived in LA since 2008, but economically & politically, LA is sort of an appendage to Texas.

If Texas ever secedes, most of us want to go with Texas.

<>
    I know Louisiana law is somewhat quirky, but I'd like to know what laws apply to their permit holders that are felonies that would not apply if they weren't permit holders. That makes no sense, even for Cajuns.

Top Bottom