• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Where’s that OCT guy at? If he’s got an LTC, this’d be a perfect opportunity for one of his audits.

Maybe all Texas GOA/FPC members have a coordinated LTC at the state fair day. I’d include the NRA, but they can’t seem to get a successful legal action done lately.
    Last successful legal action by the NRA was getting a bump stock ban.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I remember the shit storm when the renfest posted no guns. It was after a big shooting on the news. If regular people real had a clue as to what goes on there most would never let there kids attend it.

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    sign not a cop.jpeg

Wallace Dunn

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2020
    Odessa, TX
    Where’s that OCT guy at? If he’s got an LTC, this’d be a perfect opportunity for one of his audits.

Maybe all Texas GOA/FPC members have a coordinated LTC at the state fair day. I’d include the NRA, but they can’t seem to get a successful legal action done lately.
    You clearly have no clue how hard the NRA has worked in Texas over the past twenty years. You have open carry and then permitless carry explicitly due to NRA involvement. NRA and TSRA had more to do with both than any other gun groups out there. OCT was very involved in the open carry legislation. CJ is a personal friend, he's rather busy with his new legal practice defending folks arrested for nonsense. I worked on permitless carry for TEN years in Texas... Please note I am not disparaging GOA/FPC at all, just stating facts. Wes Verdell, formerly with GOA is also a personal friend. I am a member of all of the above. If you want to support a gun group that is actively filing lawsuits AND winning in court then support the Second Amendment Foundation, of which FPC is a part.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Yeah, I saw this people that take the train are going to be defenseless. They are claiming the fair is run by a private organization and can therefore ban firearms.

Wallace Dunn

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2020
    Odessa, TX
    NRA has thrown us under the bus.
    We pay attention and see with our own eyes.
    I've been actively involved in Texas gun rights for about ten years now. I can 100% state that is not true in Texas. Would you like to see the number of times NRA has testified in Austin compared to ALL the other gun groups out there? I can guarantee you NRA andTSRA (working together) have done more than ALL of the other gun groups in Texas. Talk is cheap... showing up and testifying is what gets results.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I've been actively involved in Texas gun rights for about ten years now. I can 100% state that is not true in Texas. Would you like to see the number of times NRA has testified in Austin compared to ALL the other gun groups out there? I can guarantee you NRA andTSRA (working together) have done more than ALL of the other gun groups in Texas. Talk is cheap... showing up and testifying is what gets results.
    You do you.
    I'll support the organizations that support me. I reckon I've bought a suit or two for wlp.
    I see what GOA and SAF are really doing on a national scale.
    My fight is in DC. Texas is safe and just a sounding board for pretenders.
    I won't comment or argue further.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Ok, seriously, I'm not that far away - Oak Cliff - maybe it would be worth doing the audit on the front end of the Fair? I honestly like to take the kids for various reasons, so it would be nice to be able to carry there still.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    You clearly have no clue how hard the NRA has worked in Texas over the past twenty years. You have open carry and then permitless carry explicitly due to NRA involvement. NRA and TSRA had more to do with both than any other gun groups out there. OCT was very involved in the open carry legislation. CJ is a personal friend, he's rather busy with his new legal practice defending folks arrested for nonsense. I worked on permitless carry for TEN years in Texas... Please note I am not disparaging GOA/FPC at all, just stating facts. Wes Verdell, formerly with GOA is also a personal friend. I am a member of all of the above. If you want to support a gun group that is actively filing lawsuits AND winning in court then support the Second Amendment Foundation, of which FPC

Attachments

• 49hd3i.jpg
      49hd3i.jpg
      34 KB · Views: 42

bagman45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2020
    Texas
    You do you.
    I'll support the organizations that support me. I reckon I've bought a suit or two for wlp.
    I see what GOA and SAF are really doing on a national scale.
    My fight is in DC. Texas is safe and just a sounding board for pretenders.
    I won't comment or argue further.
    I'm with ya!! GOA, SAF and a few others are doing GREAT WORK for us! Sadly, NRA lost its way a while back and is a sinking ship. That said, I PRAY that it'll purge most of the board and leadership and get back to caring about it's mission as it did before the WLP era. Until then, they ain't getting a nickel from me.....

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Yeah, it's not exactly the best neighborhood over there at times.
    Until around 15 years ago, I would drive down Haskell to get home from work so I'd be just a couple of blocks away from Fair Park before getting on I30. Plenty of sites to see.
    - The motorcycle club house with a gate and razor wire. I did like the hooded skeleton on a bike on their porch. Those guys seemed nice and would usually wave back with a confused look when I drove by any bikers on the street and waved.
    - The multiple liquor stores crammed together. The alley between two stores always had hookers and people doing drugs.
    - The Hispanic bus barn. You had to drive slow when a large number of vehicles were parked on the street waiting to pick up others.
    - Random people on the street. I once had a while female run up to me at a stop sign asking for payphone quarters. She seemed overly excited and said I was the first white person she'd seen and she needed someone to get her out of the neighborhood. She looked like she was meth'd up.
    - Patterson Meat Processing. Actually, a grocer I knew stocked their big boxes of chicken fried steak that were good. No room for livestock so I guess beef was hauled in already slaughtered via refrigerated trucks. I would tell my kids they were probably processing homeless people from the neighborhood.

Top Bottom