• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    This is governed by State Law so it will be interesting to see how they get around it and what Paxton does.

They changed their rules today.
    Saw a story on the news and this is now posted on the fair website FAQ:

CAN I BRING ANY WEAPONS INTO THE FAIR?
    The State Fair of Texas prohibits fairgoers from carrying all firearms, knives with blades over 5.5 inches long, clubs, explosive devices, ammunition, chemical dispensing devices, replicas or hoaxes, or weapons of any kind. This includes concealed carry and open carry of firearms anywhere on the fairgrounds including Cotton Bowl Stadium. This policy does not include elected, appointed, or employed peace officers.

How will the State Fair enforce this new policy?

The State Fair is working diligently with its security partners to plan for the implementation of this policy.
    Security team members will receive ample training to enforce this new policy. In addition, the State Fair has made significant financial investments in the security technology OPENGATE ® – a innovative Weapons Detection System designed for screening people as well as their bags. OPENGATE is one piece of the overall security screening process at every entry gate.
    How is the weapons policy different from last year?

Previously, our weapons policy allowed licensed concealed carry. Now it does not.

Why did the Fair change its weapons policy?

Every year, the State Fair of Texas has an ongoing safety and security assessment, adding and adjusting security measures to ensure a safe environment for all fairgoers, employees, and vendors. For us to continue offering a safe event for all, we feel this is an important measure to implement.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    State law trumps their rules...

I'd bet they know they cant enforce and are loudly proclaiming LTCs cant enter trusting most will be good little boys and go-along-to-get-along... and quietly they'll remove the "no ltc" language or simply not enforce it.

We are too "nice" and rule abiding and need to hold these kind of people (and any cops that enforce it) accountable in court after an illegal arrest or two.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    This is governed by State Law so it will be interesting to see how they get around it and what Paxton does.

They changed their rules today.
    Saw a story on the news and this is now posted on the fair website FAQ:

CAN I BRING ANY WEAPONS INTO THE FAIR?
    The State Fair of Texas prohibits fairgoers from carrying all firearms, knives with blades over 5.5 inches long, clubs, explosive devices, ammunition, chemical dispensing devices, replicas or hoaxes, or weapons of any kind. This includes concealed carry and open carry of firearms anywhere on the fairgrounds including Cotton Bowl Stadium. This policy does not include elected, appointed, or employed peace officers.

How will the State Fair enforce this new policy?

The State Fair is working diligently with its security partners to plan for the implementation of this policy.
    Security team members will receive ample training to enforce this new policy. In addition, the State Fair has made significant financial investments in the security technology OPENGATE ® – a innovative Weapons Detection System designed for screening people as well as their bags. OPENGATE is one piece of the overall security screening process at every entry gate.
    How is the weapons policy different from last year?

Previously, our weapons policy allowed licensed concealed carry. Now it does not.

Why did the Fair change its weapons policy?

Every year, the State Fair of Texas has an ongoing safety and security assessment, adding and adjusting security measures to ensure a safe environment for all fairgoers, employees, and vendors. For us to continue offering a safe event for all, we feel this is an important measure to implement.
    I suspect the thugs will not have any problem getting firearms in..

alternative

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2023
    Texas
    Paxton won't do anything until a formal complaint goes in and maybe not even then. Is the State Fair leased to a company to run it?

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Paxton won't do anything until a formal complaint goes in and maybe not even then. Is the State Fair leased to a company to run it?

I was assuming someone would do that. He could also file for an injunction on his own.

Fair Park is Govt property. Leasing is irrelevant wrt to State Law and press suggest this was a result of shooting last year.

alternative

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2023
    Texas
    I was assuming someone would do that. He could also file for an injunction on his own.

Fair Park is Govt property. Leasing is irrelevant wrt to State Law and press suggest this was a result of shooting last year.
    I may be absolutely wrong but I was under the impression that if the site was leased to a private entity even on state land they could ban firearms. Doesn't that Austin concert thing on state land do the same thing?

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I may be absolutely wrong but I was under the impression that if the site was leased to a private entity even on state land they could ban firearms. Doesn't that Austin concert thing on state land do the same thing?
    I suggest you read state law, its quite clear state owned or property the state leases, cannot prohibit...

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    30.06:

(e) It is an exception to the application of this section that the property on which the license holder carries a handgun is owned or leased by a governmental entity and is not a premises or other place on which the license holder is prohibited from carrying the handgun under Section 46.03.

30.07:

(e) It is an exception to the application of this section that the property on which the license holder openly carries the handgun is owned or leased by a governmental entity and is not a premises or other place on which the license holder is prohibited from carrying the handgun under Section 46.03.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Where’s that OCT guy at? If he’s got an LTC, this’d be a perfect opportunity for one of his audits.

Maybe all Texas GOA/FPC members have a coordinated LTC at the state fair day. I’d include the NRA, but they can’t seem to get a successful legal action done lately.

Top Bottom