• TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Ugh, just realized this thread was revived... But I'll put my two cents in... the last real Jeep was made in 1985.
    FIFY
    Nah, it went downhill when they made the headlights square.
    1985 was the last year of the CJ and 86 was when the Wrangler made it’s appearance with square headlights.

Wish I hadn’t sold my 85, but I was young and dumb, and thought the wrangler would be better because the commercials said so.
    Target Sports

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I paid $4500.00 for our 94 YJ with 36K on the clock.........I wouldn't take less than 15K for it now.......and laugh if you want but they are pulling stupid money in all original un molested condition....

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    I don't own a jeep and don't want no ducks on my dash, but I do rais real ducks because I really like duck eggs!

How did Jeep ducking start?​

The movement now known as Jeep Ducking began in 2020, during the early days of COVID, in Ontario, Canada. After an ugly spat in a gas station parking lot, a Jeep owner named Allison Parliament needed to rely on a friend for a much-needed pit stop to calm down before continuing on the road.

To thank her friend, Parliament bought a bag of rubber duckies and hid them around his house as a joke before heading farther north into Canada to reach her family’s home. Before those ducks were scattered around an unsuspecting friend’s home, however, Parliament put a single yellow duck on a stranger’s Jeep in the store’s parking lot, with a simple, sweet note saying “nice Jeep.”

The owner of that Jeep saw her and laughed then suggested that she post about it on social media. She did, and that was the birth of a movement that now has more than 73,000 fans (and growing) on Facebook. How’s that for an answer to the eternal question, What is community? Parliament’s social media group is now the official Jeep duck account recognized by Jeep itself!

Credit: Copied from an article at RD.com

Stoneez

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2024
    Ponder
    Pics or GTFO, lol

This was her a hand full of years ago. She doesnt look quite like that anymore, and Ill get a new pic of her when the sun comes up.

Attachments

• Old Jeep.jpg
      Old Jeep.jpg
      460.9 KB · Views: 25

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Meh - bought a '20 Gladiator in December. Wanted something to knock around in as well as take to the lease/ranch, range - or whatever the hell else I wanted to. Since it's a "toy"....wrote a check for it - don't like debt. So far the only mod I've done is replace tires and remove that plastic front air dam so I could install a front receiver hitch for my road feeder. Next is to find a rifle rack I like, and likely some LED lights once I decide if I want to mount them high or low - along with a couple of LED lights pointing to the rear.
    This thing had never been off road, as evidence by the highway tread tires, which were replaced the week after I bought it.....lol

Driveway.jpg

PUCKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    DFW
    FIFY

1985 was the last year of the CJ and 86 was when the Wrangler made it’s appearance with square headlights.

Wish I hadn’t sold my 85, but I was young and dumb, and thought the wrangler would be better because the commercials said so.

'86 was the last year of the CJ7, the square headlight abomination YJ started in '87. I had an '89 nicknamed PUCKER...picture a crushed and straightened (repeat many times) coors light can...that was my Jeep!! In the end, the only real Jeep parts were the gearbox and the front grille LOL. I only know this because I used to be about all things Jeep. I had a 1948 CJ2a that was MINT! Actually it was more peachy pink...but that's a story for another time...I should NOT have sold that one!

Top Bottom