• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land

How would this affect the public land areas where many go to shoot?

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX

If legislators approve this 'proposed' new legislation and it is signed into law, it will have several harmful effects on gun owners.
    The restrictions on age, wait times on gun purchases and hollow point ammunition in NM may not harm TX gunowners today but will lead to further erosion of our rights in the future.

Chewbacca7685

Certified Golf Cart Driver
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mission
    I love how they’re always trying to ban hollow points as if they’re some magical bullet that’ll tear through body armor and whatnot. Technically they’re safer in situations where deadly force is warranted. Cmon guys, do a little research.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013

All of that for that entire state when the problems (supposedly) are in 2 democract ran cities. What a bunch of assholes

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    I love how they’re always trying to ban hollow points as if they’re some magical bullet that’ll tear through body armor and whatnot. Technically they’re safer in situations where deadly force is warranted. Cmon guys, do a little research.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These ******* called "legislators" often demonstrate they are nothing but mucking forons.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    NM ducked a bullet...so to speak. :machine: :loaded:

New Mexico gun owners and Second Amendment supporters are breathing a sigh of relief today after the 2023 New Mexico legislative session wrapped up on Saturday while leaving several of Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham’s top gun control priorities unaddressed and unable to become law....But some of the governor’s biggest priorities went nowhere, including a ban on assault weapons; a bill to raise the age to 21 to buy or possess semi-automatic firearms, including assault weapons; and a 14-day waiting period to buy guns.

The article continues with details on some anti-2A bills that passed. It ends with expectations that the 2024 session will face several favorable court decisions that will influence what can become law.

ArmyDub

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 12, 2020
    Texas
    somehow their “license to carry concealed” law specifies ONE concealed gun per licensee.

now, you can open carry one and conceal one if you want a backup.

(sorry for the delay- had to contact Las Cruces for clarification)

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    Our members in El Paso generally meet in NM on public lands.
    I'm hoping this can continue.

My dad and his friends go hunting and shooting all time in NM outside of El Paso.He said anything East of El Paso is just asking for trouble.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    How so? Serious question - I'm trying to figure which possible threats out of the several I can envision that he thinks are most likely.
    It was awhile ago but he told me that most lands East of El Paso is heavily private and most of them are landlocked compared to NM side West of El Paso. Not so much threats but more property rights and lack of access rights East of El Paso.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    It was awhile ago but he told me that most lands East of El Paso is heavily private and most of them are landlocked compared to NM side West of El Paso. Not so much threats but more property rights and lack of access rights East of El Paso.
    That's called Texas.

Top Bottom