• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    Benny Parkey, Sheriff of Denton Co has signed two Form 4's for me with no problems. I got in touch with him via e-mail on the county's website. He does a background check and takes about a month to get the forms done.

Waylan Rhodes, Chief of Police of Little Elm, TX (my home town) refused to sign the form whenever I contacted him via e-mail.

The Denton County Sherriff signed mine - only a two-day turn around - and we had a nice chat on the phone, too.

I live in Dallas, would they sign off for me what with living in a different county? I'm trying to avoid the trust route as I only have one NFA item (SBR) that I'd like approved.

flashguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2008
    Dallas, Texas
    I think the "Chief LEO" has to be federal, state, or your county or city, so I don't think a Denton County official would be OK. (I could be wrong, of course, but I had to get a federal judge to sign off the last 2 Form 4s in Dallas County--that was quite a few years ago, too.)

flashguy

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    I think the "Chief LEO" has to be federal, state, or your county or city, so I don't think a Denton County official would be OK. (I could be wrong, of course, but I had to get a federal judge to sign off the last 2 Form 4s in Dallas County--that was quite a few years ago, too.)

flashguy

Thanks for the info. If the CLEO requirement doesn't sunset soon on the forms, I might just go ahead and bite the hit on my wallet and set up a trust.

David

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    North Texas
    The newly elected sheriff of Denton County is not NFA friendly. Anyone who would like to get something should visit Sheriff Parkey before his term expires.

This is the email correspondence I have had. I know I mistakenly left out silencers, but noted it in my reply to him.

David,

Thank you so much for your e-mail! I am not for NFA regulated firearms! If someone broke into your house and stole your weapons, well it would be bad!! However, I am for the 2nd Amendment! Thank you once again!!

Will Travis

On May 30, 2012, David wrote:

What is your position on NFA regulated firearms? NFA firearms being machine guns, destructive devices, short barreled rifles, short barreled shotguns, and Any Other Weapons. One requirement of the NFA Act is the requirement of a signature of a Chief Law Enforcement Officer on the registration paper work. Would you be willing to sign these documents for law abiding citizens of Denton County? The signature is completely optional and the CLEO is not bound by law to sign and can choose to reject the form and not sign for the individual, however there are other lawful methods to be used to acquire the desired items as defined by the National Firearms Act.

If you have any questions or concerns about my inquiry, please feel free to email or contact me at (940)xxxxxxxx.

Thanks in Advance,

David

Tactical_Smurf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    Flint-Gresham Metroplex
    Smith county

IF you live inside City limits, Chief Swindle at TPD will sign F1/F4

Outside City Limits, Sheriff Larry Smith Will Sign F1/F4, now the only two forms I have not taken to him have been DD and Machinegun so can't speak to his willingness to sign those. After several conversations with him and some initial hesitation on my part I do honestly believe he is a strong 2nd amendment supporter in-spite of a decade plus tour with BATFE.

Top Bottom