I found a better video.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
    b4e5a8c7495e91fc9fa28beeccde62a7.jpg
    7fd4e2a2b00b22f8da7112013b5a9393.jpg
    9561da64c90442ffa5a8090c6146afda.jpg
    A new view

Cool 'Horn Luke

Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2022
    Corsicana, TX

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Sparrow has a longer range. Sidewinder is within four miles, if I recall correctly.
    Sparrow does have a longer range, but historically has not been nearly as effective. For mid range, AMRAAM is far better. SIdewinder is the most effective air to air missile ever. The ground launched version is Chaparral.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    AIM-9 are good for about 1km - 35km ( I had just been refreshing my memory) though 35km seems a bit far unless it was coasting to the target.

Nowhere near 35 km, even downhill with the wind behind its back.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Sparrow does have a longer range, but historically has not been nearly as effective. For mid range, AMRAAM is far better. SIdewinder is the most effective air to air missile ever. The ground launched version is Chaparral.

AMRAAM did supercede Sparrow (with a significant range increase to boot) but later models of AIM-7 have proven much more reliable. (Edited to clarify - more reliable than previous versions, not more reliable than AMRAAM)

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Nowhere near 35 km, even downhill with the wind behind its back.
    I agree it seems a bit long, but we know we can believe everything in Wikipedia so...

I think it should be able to fly that far, its only a minute of flight or so... but it would be unpowered by then.

Perhaps it was for an prototype.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I agree it seems a bit long, but we know we can believe everything in Wikipedia so...

I think it should be able to fly that far, its only a minute of flight or so... but it would be unpowered by then.

Perhaps it was for an prototype.

Used to work on that program.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    News, information and probaganda...

There is a trend here by the several who are OK with russia invading a sovereign nation and bombing schools, theaters and apartments to claim everything from both sides is propaganda when a video or statement is presented. They say this not only with out evidence, but against the trend of truth.

Ukraine has been incredibly open and honest when releasing videos, they have been repeatedly verified by the osint world as accurate and exactly what the claim to be in nearly every case.

Today, an IL-76 was shot down over Belgorad by Ukraine. russia has the sence not to deny this as it denied the Moskva, its sub and multiple transport ships had been destroyed... but they decided to seed the story with lies (propaganda) that the IL76 had been carrying Ukrainians back for a POW exchange and 65 were killed with as of now no evidence. L

The reason I bring this up in the NEWS side is it is very important to not just read a headline regarding Ukraine/russia and accept it as truth or likely truth with out looking at who the information is coming from just like the Isreal/gaza rot that so many publish and try to put out as "news" (and its no surprise russia and hamas are friendly).

Here is the video:

This photo shows exactly where the footage was taken from and what direction the IL76 was heading, directly contradictory to what russia was claiming.
    66ae0003c24c7053a45e7f362bd1938d.jpg

Last edited:

Johnny Diamond

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    US
    Yes, they include Alaska too

Yes I know....the question was to the member who implied so what? Funny thing so what, yesterday I heard Putin is claiming that when we "PURCHASED" Alaska that it was an unlawful sale, now one could argue that it is just bluster and BS and a couple of years ago I'd freaking laugh, well look where we are now....the contiguous U.S. border is shit and those of us advocating for border defense and actually defending it are demonized and the country is purposely being populated by shall we say questionable individuals.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom