• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SWJewellTN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    LaVergne,TN
    So my wife gets informed the day before our tax return hits that she got the job that she really wants after 3 months of lay-off. So she took me out to celebrate, and this is what we got: a S&W 642 w/Crimson Trace grips for her, an Ed Brown Kobra Carry and Sig556 DMR for me!

Handguns.gif

KobraCarry.gif

Gun.gif

GunLeft.gif

Man! I love that woman!
    DK Firearms

SWJewellTN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    LaVergne,TN
    RetArmySgt: Chris normally won't go to gun shops with me unless I drag her: however, it's surprising the goodwill created when you're patient with her unemployed status, considerate of her feelings about the unemployement, and supportive in her desire to find the right job rather than taking whatever comes along. It also doesn't hurt that she's realizing that this world is becoming less safe, and that as we age I am not as capable of protecting her as I once was. She is genuinely wanting to learn to shoot properly, get her carry license, and practice to become proficient.

And I'd sure like to know why the danged "Reply With Quote" button never works for me!?

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    Wow! Just think what you can get when she gets a promotion. I have a great wife but she is not into guns. She loves Pottery Barn. Stuff there cost as much as my guns. I guess we are even.

SWJewellTN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    LaVergne,TN
    Thanks, guys. The wife is "kick'n ass and take'n names" at the new job. Those are the Executive Vice President's words. She thinks that her boss, (the Director of her department), is looking to either move up or move out, because he's training her to do his job in his absence. If you knew of how much this environment is in contrast with her former boss you'd know how substantial this is. In her former job her boss was mentally and verbally abusive because she was threatened by my wife's abilities and work ethic. She dealt with that crap for 9.5 years, so my wife feels like she's in heaven, (so to speak), now. Guns aside, I feel blessed to have such a great wife as well as blessed that she now has a great job.

As far as the weapons are concerned, the Kobra Carry is the sweetest thing i've ever shot. Far more accurate than I am, and incredibly comfortable to carry IWB. The SIG556 hasn't been shot yet. I just got the Larue QD rings to mount the SWFA SS 10x42 scope last week, and the range was packed all weekend. I hope to get it out there this Saturday. I'm working up some 75gr Hornady loads for it, so I plan on having some fun!

Top Bottom