Join TexasGunTalk

Newbie Living in Denton

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Tx_Ag, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Tx_Ag

Tx_Ag New Member

Jan 8, 2019
    Denton, TX
    Working on it. I did take her out to the range with me last week. She insisted on wearing cute boots, and learned the hard way when a casing jumped in her boot. Sad part is she is a really great shot. Her dad does old west reenactments, so she grew up around all of this stuff. Her view is the gun room was always locked, if her dad was in it the door was closed, and if she was shooting it involved her dad yelling over her shoulder until she would break down crying...she's a work in progress. Slowly but surely

EZ-E likes this.
  2. toddnjoyce

toddnjoyce Well-Known

Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Gotcha. A Girl and Gun might just be the right thing for her.

It’s by women, for women deal.

3. Tx_Ag

Tx_Ag New Member

Jan 8, 2019
    Denton, TX
    I'm gonna try showing her these videos. Currently looking at them and I think she could relate with them. She's slowly warming up to the idea. Just last week she threw out that we should find some cheap hunting property, 60+ acres, within 4hours of us to put a small Palm Harbor house and use it for weekends. Set up a shooting range and enjoy the outdoors with our dogs.

EZ-E likes this.
  4. EZ-E

EZ-E Infidel Patriot

May 4, 2017
    Cypress
    I have 2 daughters...if I'm in the safe they are always welcome. When they were younger we would have gun education nights. One of them likes guns & is a pretty good shot. The youngest just dont like how loud they are, .22 shes ok with but anything bigger it's too loud for her.

Tx_Ag and toddnjoyce like this.
  5. Tx_Ag

Tx_Ag New Member

Jan 8, 2019
    Denton, TX
    She played with my Mark IV and like it. I'm going to surprise her on Monday with a Ruger 22 Charger. She saw an older lady plinking with it at the range and was entranced. The lady even let her try it. I figured it's great fun and there are plenty of stocks and such that can make it as girly as she wants.

EZ-E likes this.
  6. tonyt79

tonyt79 New Member

Oct 4, 2017
    Lavon
    I don’t live very close but worked in Denton up until December. My wife doesn’t mind other calibers in the house. But she hates shooting anything other than 22.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. EZ-E

EZ-E Infidel Patriot

May 4, 2017
    Cypress
    The Mark IV is a cool pistol. I used to have one. The newer light versions are a lot easier to take apart & put back together. With so many .22 pistol options out there on the market it's a tough decision ...plastic frame, striker fire, hammer, steel frame, 1911, rails no rails. The new Keltec is pretty sweet, 33rnds of .22 in your palm.

Charlie likes this.
  8. Tx_Ag

Tx_Ag New Member

Jan 8, 2019
    Denton, TX
    I was just drooling over the new Keltec, and sent my wife a picture saying not to be shocked if she finds it in my room one day. I have a SR22p & a Mark IV, and i'm just now learning how to clean them. Every time i've taken them out my brother just happens to be around to clean them. But the Mark IV shouldn't be to hard to take apart with the new button thing

9. Dawico

Dawico TGT Addict

Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Welcome to TGT

10. karlac

karlac Gone fishin' ... TGT Supporter Lifetime Member

Aug 21, 2013
    WestU, TX
    Howdy