• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Plain and simple. I want to get a new "tactical" stock/body and a set of replacement iron sights for my 10/22 carbine, but can't spend more than $150 total including tax (and shipping if it's an online order).

Note that when I say "tactical", I'm talking about something like the Blackhawk(!) Axiom (IDFK if that's the right name or not), or really anything that's fairly good-quality that has an adjustable stock. and a spot up front for either a bipod or a foregrip (maybe one of those "grip-pod" things I keep seeing, if they're good for sitting at a bench). Note that it also needs to be able to handle a bull barrel (though admittedly that part of the build is still a few months down the road).

So far as the sights are concerned, I want something that's got really good contrast and that can't be "washed out" in bright light (like that crappy gold or brass bead front sight that it leaves the factory with). Leaning towards fiber-optic or some sort of "competition" sights just because I grew up with the former and have had nothing but good experiences with the latter.
    Target Sports

Last edited:

Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Tempting, but not quite. I eventually plan on getting a threaded barrel and a suppressor, so I want a stock that can handle a bull barrel if I decide to go that route.

Literally everything else about that stock made me think "hell yes, do want", though.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I have an Axiom on my ultra-lite 10/22. It has it's pros and cons. It's nice that it handles all barrel types and has an adjustable stock like an M4. However, it is very barrel heavy when installed because it is so light and compact. The angle of the pistol grip feels akward to me and is probably worse if your hands are large(like the typical glove size). It is definitely not a bench-rest stock. It does drop mags cleanly like it should and has a snug fit when you drop in your action. Overall I give it a 7 out of 10 for reasons stated. Really only a minor improvement over the factory original. Better suited for a smaller or younger shooter who needs the shorter length of pull. I am a bigger fan of the options that Hogue offers. They are heavy but solid and have a great rubbery texture. If you get a hogue with the .920 barrel channel, you can always use your stock barrel in it until you decide to upgrade. It may look funny but will still shoot straight. The tactical stuff is just not practical for me although some of them look cool I don't know that they function well. As far as sight options, I think williams fire sights are what you are looking for. Neat little light pipes that offer great target acquisition. Of course, a cheap red dot may serve you better if this is gonna be a "from the shoulder" weapon.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    BernierF350
    Top Bottom