• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Was on my way back from the hardware store today when I saw a sign flipper with a giant placard that said GUNS. He pointed across the street (near the Chick-Fil-A, if you're familiar with this area) and off I went.

The store was very nice. Lots of guns and tons of sq. footage. They have a "pistol guy" a "shotgun guy" and two "tactical guys" that were each set up at different counters to help people.

They had a Kel-Tec KSG for about $950, lots of black rifles, a wall of shotguns including some very fancy ones make in Spain ($8K for a shotty!), and thermal scopes, among many other things. If you are headed out of town, they will fill your cooler with ice for free. I thought that was cool.

It sure is good to have another LGS in town.

Here are some pics. Don't think they have "officially" opened yet, but doors are definitely open for business.

ry2unudy.jpg

umudequ3.jpg

enadu4yq.jpg
    Gun Zone Deals

Last edited:

SPyKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    We were there a week ago Thursday. Asked for a price on a Sig Sauer P238 in purple and they quoted me full retail price. I wasn't ready to buy at the time so I didn't haggle.

Some prices were great and some were high, just like anywhere.

I will be back as they are close to work, and they are good people.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    On Austin Highway, of all places?

I'll be dipped.

Now I know exactly where it is. The Walmart next door has had nothing but trouble with the clientele. The HEB just down the road dismantled all of their "self check-out registers" to minimize losses.

Do you have press a door bell to get inside?

Where is the hardware store of which you speak?

Thanks for the post!

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    They have a TSA agent posted at the door, but only for old farts who drive all over town drying up the .22LR supply (ducking). No, of course there's no buzzer to enter.

Lowe's is in the same parking lot as walmart. How can you miss that?

It's a stone's throw from the donut place. Owner said it was a liquor store previously.

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    They have a TSA agent posted at the door, but only for old farts who drive all over town drying up the .22LR supply (ducking). No, of course there's no buzzer to enter.
    It's a stone's throw from the donut place. Owner said it was a liquor store previously.
    I see what you did there:roflfunny:....thanks for actually telling us where it's at Bigun. Drove by there a few weeks ago, wasn't sure if it was opening or one that closed, gonna have to check it out.....open on Sunday?

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409

I would never call Lowe's a hardware store. Every time I go there and can't find what I need, they send me to a hardware store!

Be well.

Austin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Converse(San Antonio)
    Just popped in. The guy I met was super nice. But almost $27 for a pmag? Yikes! Maybe that is what the going rate at small gun shops but I picked one up last week for $15

RACER X

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Richmond/Houston
    Just popped in. The guy I met was super nice. But almost $27 for a pmag? Yikes! Maybe that is what the going rate at small gun shops but I picked one up last week for $15
    W those kind of prices sounds like they're trying to ride the panic buying frenzy, to bad that's a yr old

Best o luck to them

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

They are a Class III dealer & told me that they would charge me 25.ooUSD to transfer an AOW = an Ithaca Stakeout Gun.

Btw, I talked to a "nice lady" (Despite what some folks say, there ARE some "nice folks" at the agency & some are even "active shooters". - Otoh, most of "Obama political appointees" & "policy wonks" are "a motley collection of wierdos, kooks, morons, knows-NOTHINGS, gun-HATERS & common criminals".), who is a BATFE agent, at the last SA Gunshow at Freeman Coliseum about Class III transfers & she said most of them are now taking about 9-12 months, as she said, "BATF is 'covered up with' SBR/SBS transfers. Nobody expected that."

We talked at some length about my search for a Colt's "Tater Digger" of the Spanish-American War era as well as for a Maxim gun of the PRE-WWI era..

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    35Remington,

Actually at Ranger Arms & at the SA Gunshow.
    (Out of curiosity, are you one of those folks who are afflicted with OCD, reference "staying on topic"?)

yours, satx :D

valegian

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    San Antonio
    Ranger took care of a transfer for me ($25) and they were very professional and did not judge me as I walked in the door (many shops wont help if you dont look like the "type"). Transfer was quick and I felt like royalty. Thanks Ranger!

Top Bottom