• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I'm not a hater or an advocate of any brand light, and no expert in any case. Evidence abounds for numerous manufacturers and it's not just flashlights but in that realm, most notably, Solarforce, Pelican and Surefire are reported to have had similar issues.
    As mentioned many other devices exploded, caught fire, melted and in virtually every case it's related to batteries. Any other flaws might be unacceptable to you, I don't know, never experienced any of those other problems.
    The other things may be good reasons why you dislike the brand but a blanket "because they explode!" implies they are the only one.
    It doesn't matter to me what brands you trash talk but blaming a particular manufacturer for a very widespread issue strikes me as a little disingenuous.
    I have no idea what their marketing has to do with the issue at all.
    Seems it's sensitive to you and I have no desire to argue, you're right, Olight is the devil.

You can easily find a few reports of any brand Kb'ing, sure. I can easily find well over 50 reports of olight's self identify as an M67 or a Saturn V in mere seconds.

If it's only the fault of the batteries, why do the end caps cause electrical discharge? Why do the switches turn on so easily? Why do the lenses melt? Why do the heads run so hot? Why do the pocket clips crumble apart? Why do the chargers melt?

Why does olight need to pay for an army of trolls and spies? Olight isn't the devil. They're just another Chinese company trying to sell their wares in the US.

Also, if you actually read my posts, you'd see it contains more than "blanket "because they explode!""

However it is very embarrassing to be a 45 year old flashlight company, and then some company less than 20 years old comes out of nowhere and does the worlds best recreation of the head explosion scene from Scanners

237c296792117070a68d68191f09ccd9.gif

DocBeech

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2023
    Paradise
    I am a little wary of a rechargeable optic. Suppose you are at shooting class and your battery runs out of juice. You can't just replace a battery and carry on. You have to wait for the optic to charge. Kind of like a long trip in a Tesla.
    Not true. Streamlight just announced their X models. Which are USB rechargeable. However they use a 123 rechargeable that can be hot swapped for a standard 123 if you want/need to in a pinch. So it accepts both! I have only ever had 1 Streamlight give me issues. They replaced it no questions asked, and honestly it was probably just because it was 8 years old at the time and had heavy use. But they sent the new model no questions asked.

Otto_Mation

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2020
    Montgomery, TX
    Not true. Streamlight just announced their X models. Which are USB rechargeable. However they use a 123 rechargeable that can be hot swapped for a standard 123 if you want/need to in a pinch. So it accepts both! I have only ever had 1 Streamlight give me issues. They replaced it no questions asked, and honestly it was probably just because it was 8 years old at the time and had heavy use. But they sent the new model no questions asked.
    That is however not the case with the optic that is the subject of this thread. You are talking about lights. Many of us use rechargeable batteries in weapon mounted lights. As far as I know, Streamlight does not make an optic.

Last edited:

DocBeech

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2023
    Paradise
    That is however not the case with the optic that is the subject of this thread. You are talking about lights. Many of us use rechargeable batteries in weapon mounted lights. As far as I know, Streamlight does not make an optic.
    Yet a ton of the case subjects mentioned here are lights.

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    My chinesium love only goes so far. O-Light shudda just had Horosun be their OEM. At least their Chinesium is good.

There are other chinesium light makers that don't have the same number of issues Olight has. All electronics are going to have issues, but Olight has *more* issues than the other players. Thats a sign of poor quality and poor engineering.

If you want / need a cheap Chinesium optic that comes in cheaper than a Holosun but won't explode and holds zero, the Cylee stuff seems to get decent reviews. IIRC its the same sight that C&H Precision imports and slaps their name on (and doubles the price of)

Top Bottom