• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Just North of Liberty Hill on Hwy 29 there are signs up saying a range is opening soon. A long driveway is about all you can see from the road. Anybody know anything about that one?

I'd be interested in going out there since it is about 2 miles from my parent's home and property.
    Gun Zone Deals

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    read some of the rules no holstering firearms in parking lot no loaded fire arms except on line? dont look i will be going there

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Most ranges that spend that kind of money on land acquisition and setup are going to have some fairly strict rules... especially at first. Sounds like it is going to be a nice place. I carry everything in my range bag unloaded at the range anyway until I'm actually ready to shoot.

I look forward to at least giving the place a try.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I could not find pricing on the site, anyone know what the rates are? If reasonable I would make the drive to shoot 1000 yards once in a while.

kokamo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Liberty Hill, Tx
    I could not find pricing on the site, anyone know what the rates are? If reasonable I would make the drive to shoot 1000 yards once in a while.

CLICKY

I delivered alot of equipment to build this range for them....very nice range indeed. I haven't had the pleasure of shooting just yet, but I have walked the premises and it is very well setup.

~Joe

Ranger60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    Been there a couple times, NFA friendly, good staff, rules very much like any other public range. They do have insurance and that often dictates the rules.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    $100 annually? Wow.. Question does that mean I pay that per year and I dont owe anything else? I shoot at eagles peak and its $10 every time.

robin303

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    Austin
    I have a couple friends that go and love that place. They told me after your a member its only $6 for each visit. If your not a member its $16.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Most ranges that spend that kind of money on land acquisition and setup are going to have some fairly strict rules... especially at first. Sounds like it is going to be a nice place. I carry everything in my range bag unloaded at the range anyway until I'm actually ready to shoot.

I look forward to at least giving the place a try.

My local range is big. I really like the solo stations. I usually stay at the end where I can rapid fire and shoot slugs and buckshot!!
    The place is pretty cool most of the time.

Oldfalguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Point Venture
    Indeed a nice place-
    The no holstering and not loaded off the firing line sounds very prudent to me.
    THere are way too many yahoos at ranges sweeping people that shouldn't have a weapon at all-
    Better not to have to worry about it.
    Did not know NFA allowed- Where did you discover this important tidbit?
    Most places don't even allow rapid fire-
    THey have almost 400 members now-
    I am hoping to meet several interested in helping pay for and setup a sporting clay course there.
    I asked about it and its just a matter of cost as it takes a LOT of machines but my favorite game

Mark

mklepper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    waco
    Liberty Hill range

I am looking for a full auto friendly range. I sent a message, suppose I could pick up the phone too, has anyone fired F/A there? ?Any others around Waco area.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I've shot out there twice ... and I'm qualified to shoot at 1000 yards now, so is Travis.

You'll need some ammo and know-how to qualify, but it's not hard by any stretch. You need 3 hits at 250 yards, and 3 hits at 500 yards. Any shooter or gun that can hold 1 MOA can qualify with ease.

Top Bottom